show off your garage / shed / shop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well part of why I have not been around here much is I have been working my A#$ off to move up a little. For the longest time it has been a small two car garage. Now I have a lot of room for both cars and bikes alike!

IMG_0772.jpg

all the more room to do my Uhpolstery work and bike builds

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

FW

My new workshop progress
12x20....had to relocate the too small 9x13 metal shed to put this new one up.
attachment.php

Ground breaking, deck built, stickwork started
attachment.php

attachment.php

Walls up, windows and doors installed
attachment.php

Workbench built....still trying to figure the storage ideas.
What is the "must haves" mounted tools on your workbench?...This design is a 40" deep table top. Storage bins on the 12' wide wall of course....still leaves room to lay a bike frame on the bench....hopefully.
attachment.php

Moved the bikes in the shop and built the lofts for more storage....need to figure an easier way to get the heavy bikes up in the loft....the ladder is just too dangerous...some kind of pulley hoist idea...one person operation and damage free to the bikes....ideas anyone?
attachment.php

attachment.php

and the other side of the not as deep (only 4' vs 6') loft for additional storage.
attachment.php

Lots to do. Like heating the shop, tool placement, storage shelves, bike storage, shelving....etc workshop lights are in the instalation mode..

Nice shop. You did a good job on that one. I would try for a trolly system. I know a 20' long
iron beam would be heavy , but once installed you could lift whatever you wanted up to the top
and then roll to either side. Seems like Harbor Freight has the trolly part fairly cheap.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-push ... 97392.html

They also have those electric winches cheap.

004-3.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Nice shop. You did a good job on that one. I would try for a trolly system. I know a 20' long
iron beam would be heavy , but once installed you could lift whatever you wanted up to the top
and then roll to either side. Seems like Harbor Freight has the part fairly cheap.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-push ... 97392.html

They also have those electric winches cheap.

I've been looking at the harbor Freight item. Also it was suggested to avoid falls while negotiating the side lofts I should install a railing.

Thanks for feedback guys.
JD

We'll see how these lifts from H.Freight work out. I just picked up 2 of them today @ $9 ea. Another $9 for a replacement 100' of 1/4" rope to swap out the inferior rope that came with hoist kits. Now to get up in the gables to test it out. I guess Im going to need a hook fabricated to pull the bikes over to the upper deck from the gapping hole.
You guys are going to make a fabricator out of me yet.
Also picked up some ladder brackets to hang the always "in the way" 2x4 ladder that gets me to the loft

Sulley said:
You dont sit while riding it, fun trike. Sulley

I've got one too and my kids will lean against the saddle, but I just stand, riding on 2 wheels is lots of fun. One day when I happen upon a free car steering wheel (that actually looks cool) I will put it on the trike and change the saddle to a bar stool top. Mine is rough, yours looks like brand new.

Heres a few shots , been here in this one for a year now, still finding place;s for stuff , had to enclose a 12x22x12 RV carport to house the bmx bikes and cruiser parts, Becide this garage., as usual please excuse the cloudy cell pic,.....Ralph

bigshot.jpg

1205121425_zps0d7d3cb8.jpg

downsize1_zpse24b1a6a.jpg

downsize-4_zps599dec01.jpg

1129121346_zpsc21eb006.jpg

schwinncollection005.jpg

I'v Been razzed buy a few members about Cloudy pic,s and i'm not one too mention names , but Steve knows who one might be :p
The sad truth is i'd rather buy another bike or parts , than a new Camera :oops: :oops: :lol:

Ralph

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
I'v Been razzed buy a few members about Cloudy pic,s and i'm not one too mention names , but Steve knows who one might be :p
The sad truth is i'd rather buy a nother bike or parts , than a new Camera :oops: :oops: :lol:

New camera? All my old cameras took better photos than that! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back