show off your garage / shed / shop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally got my stuff organized and ready for some projects! Most all of the storage, benches and shelving came from friends, relatives or trash piles. Alot of the tools have been hand me downs or gifts. My shop has been downsized by about half of what it used to be, so things get a little cozier than they used to. But the good thing is, I have to pretty much finish a project before starting on a new one! :lol:

Theshop081.jpg

Theshop070.jpg

Theshop066.jpg

If you'd guys would like to see a buttload more ...
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... f=3&t=2223

Kuttnhack said:
Hey Chad B, You mean that sweet pristine blue four door hardtop Buick Electra "deuce an a quarter". The one being protected from falling objects by other objects that already fell on the body surface? It kinda looks likes a caddy from that shot but it's the doner for "Chop Suey". As soon as I finish some of these bicycle projects and get my fresh 455 out of hock, I will kuttnhack the roof and finish the 5" chop.
ChopSuey003.jpg
ChopSuey005.jpg
ChopSuey006.jpg

Not saying Chop Suey isn't cool as all get-out, 'cause it is, but geez, having a donor car? I just wish I had a car, period. I mean, I have my pickup and the wife's car, but I haven't had a collector/ fun car for quite awhile. I keep hoping I'll stumble on something cool (I like big cars, especially station wagons) that I can afford, so I can occupy all that empty space in my back garage. I learned to drive in my grandpa's '70 Electra 225.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm in awe of your garages guys! They are fantastic!! Here is a couple of pics of mine :oops: and my yard!
SDC10069.jpg

SDC10070.jpg

SDC10067.jpg

...And the place where I can be found at the end of the day me red bench! :D
SDC10055.jpg

dont know if itll help but check out garage journal....one of ryans sites(you know....the guy who does the hamb/jockey journal)
i guess i never posted mine :shock:
old pics but theyre all i have for storage ideas
garage007.jpg

garage006.jpg

garage005-1.jpg

cabinets are just plywood with roller doors(8'x16'x3') 3 doors with 3 shelves(2' tall) cost about $90 to build work bench is 7'x4'x4'(plywood top with redwood 4x4 legs and 2x4s for the wall supports(probably about $30 to build cant recall though) and under the bench is the wifes old dresser($0) for smaller parts storage....and now the rafters are filled with fenders from the 31 as well as bikes that im not riding :lol:

Udall Custom Bikes is in the process of relocating! Our official moving day is this Saturday but since I can be kinda OCD about other people touching my bike stuff I have been moving the garage by myself all week. The new house not only has a big garage but a large utility room in the basement that will allow me a climate controlled work area. Here is how I have it set up so far. Still have to move my workbench in, a couple more bikes and a few more posters.

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0694.jpg

IMAG0695.jpg

My shop is a mess, probably always will be. I have 2 2 story building the back yard with a car port on the back of it. The bottom floor has 2 "man" doors and 1 garage door. The upstairs was once upon a time a 1 bedroom apartment, but the wall between living room and bedroom is long gone, there is a kitchen area that is now a bike build room and a bathroom that is now bike storage.

From the road, this is what the neighbors see, the white building is the shop, the brick one is the house:
SAM_0864.jpg

Upstairs:
SAM_0823.jpg

SAM_0825.jpg

SAM_0826.jpg

Pile of steel bits downstairs, this is the "grab pile" when building tall/freak bikes:
SAM_0643.jpg

Bathroom upstairs, it will one day become a full bath again, there is a stand up shower to the left and the toilet behind that.
SAM_0636.jpg

The kitchen upstairs, can't see much of it here, but there is a pantry with lots of storage and build in cupboards and all the antique metal kitchen upper and lower cabinets. The small oven/range still works, but plumbing hasn't been addressed yet.
SAM_0680.jpg

One angle into the shop:
SAM_0627.jpg

Through the "man" door on the street side:
SAM_0468.jpg

I built this over the summer to put parts bikes in, its got about 40 bikes in it right now, opens up under the carport, keeps the mess hidden.
SAM_0930.jpg

SAM_0931.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
WOW !! Youthgeye I thought I had the only nonpoliticly correct shop ( where everything is clean and sparkly :lol: I guess I have to update my mess, take some pics today :wink:

Haha, it may be messy, but it is functional for a shop that always has multiple projects going on at once.

Latest posts

Back