Show me your WHEEL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
001-8.jpg

I laced these for my fiance's '68 Schwinn Hollywood. Spokes were a bit too long so I came up with this after seeing a friend do it on his BMX bike.

P8050064.jpg

Before
P8020027.jpg

After
P8050001.jpg

I guess these will fit in this thread.
Only 2 in the world since I made them from a flat piece of 16 gauge cold rolled :wink:
20" X 2 1/4" rear wheel
IMG_0101.jpg

20" X 1 3/8" front wheel (both rock .015 flake and candy paint as does the front hub)
IMG_0160-1.jpg

Yeah, bad lighting and bad camera for the last one but oh well it's the same color as the rear.

I picked up these cool old Lester Mag Wheels the other day from my local bike junkyard. They were on an early Open Road BMX bike. I paid $40 bucks for the whole bike which is a steal. I already slapped the mags on my Sting-Ray and I plan on bringing the old Open Road BMX Bike back to life with new modern sealed components. I'm pretty happy with the new wheels.

A few I've had over the years... I DO NOT OWN THESE ANYMORE DON'T PM ME!
Iverson I scored for $25
Aworldofoddities420002.jpg

Scored ALL of these with two vintage BMX frames and much more for $145 and sold the one bike for $150 so basically got all this free. :mrgreen:
Lester
BMXhaul001.jpg

Skyway Tuff 1 and 2
BMXhaul003.jpg

ACS Z rims
BMXhaul004.jpg

Troxel TrakMaster and Skyway?
BMXhaul007.jpg

Peregrine Graphite and Skyway OE
BMXhaul008.jpg

'Goose Pro class???
BMXhaul011.jpg

Araya red anno hoops
BMXhaul013.jpg

BMXhaul014.jpg

For BO8, I laced up my own wheels for the first time since I was a kid on my Screamer 2.
The patina on the original painted rims was awesome, so I clearcoated them. I also reused all of the original patina spoke nipples. I used new spokes, but painted them all primer red. I used a Nexus 3 hub, but covered the brake arm with the old New Departure arm.
WP_002122_zps1c419c82.jpg

Front wheel installed and complete with original hub. The brick red Schwinn Typhoon Cord tires are from an 90s Schwinn SS Sport that I flipped. The valve cap has a custom 8 count showing for BO8.
IMG_2580-Copy_zps1615d4d8.jpg

Now your talking!!! You're king of the mega wheel, Luke!!!

Mastec said:
Here's my 24 x 80mm with twisted spokes and 203mm disc brake

IMG_0381_zps4860ab8e.jpg
No "Like" botton , sorry :p
did something similar lately , but it was cause my spokes were slightly to long .. or i did not lace it right ? ..who cares , its awesome :wink:
DSCN5304_zps180ce280.jpg

OneHorsePower, mine were twisted for the same reason, spokes bought were just a bit too long. Definitely gives a unique look.

I want to have more holes drilled in my wheels to do custom spokes but I'm to scared to drill them myself and chance messing them up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Colyn. said:
I want to have more holes drilled in my wheels to do custom spokes but I'm to scared to drill them myself and chance messing them up.

I cant number the things i scrapped at a younger age before my projects start to be succesfull , now i rarely miss anything i attempt now (thanks in part to Google)but mostly by experiance
you have to take risks sometimes ,learn from the errors and think of a plan "B" to save a fail
but i don't see how making new holes could scrap your rims , it it don't work , it will just be lighter :mrgreen:

I just don't want to drill a hole wrong in a brand new u.s. cycles super fat wheel....

kOe said:
My new rearwheel!!!

24x 125mm

2ydetupe.jpg

Mfg
kOe

Very cool, indeed!

Never even considered this possibility. A 72 spoke setup, which would accept a 6L-6T pattern, but instead you reduced it to 5L-5T, and utilized the empty holes for some "hootch".

This is totally ingenious!!

Thank you!!

It was a long way the get the wheel runing!!
Now i'm testing a tire set up 125mm rim with a thick brick!!!

une2u9ev.jpg

But i need a bigger inner tube on the photo where the last seconds of the tube;) then boom;)

Pics are comming

Mfg
kOe

Latest posts

Back