Should I go for it, or just let it sell?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't planning on entering the Muscle Bike Build Off this year, as I didn't have anything that'd work for the competition. That all changed just a few hours ago, when I found these 3 bikes for FREE on Facebook Marketplace!
DSC_8479.jpg

1 of the 2 Mountain/Road/Track bikes are probably going to be my new daily rider, while the other one and my current daily are going in my family's upcoming garage sale. The pink Schwinn, however, may be just what I need for an entry into the Muscle Bike Build Off.
DSC_8485.jpg

According to the serial number, it was made in June 1979, so it's perfect for a MBBO. The good news is that all this bike needs to roll again are new tubes, tires, chain, and a seat, but I know I'm not stopping there...
DSC_8505.jpg
DSC_8491.jpg
DSC_8493.jpg
DSC_8497.jpg
DSC_8503.jpg

Here's where the title comes in: I just listed "The Trashliner Trike" for sale on here, the CABE, and a couple local sites, as I originally had no plans to use anything other than the springer fork and maybe the sprocket. But now that I've got this 79 Schwinn, I'm thinking about taking the trike rear and sticking it on that. I wanted to sell the trike to fund another trike conversion I wanted to do, but now I'm thinking of making the Schwinn into a trike using the parts off the Trashliner. I just don't know for sure if I want to or not. I know I'm taking the trike to my welder guy tomorrow morning to fix one spot on it, so maybe I can use that as an excuse to take it apart and test fit it to the Schwinn.
DSC_8509.jpg
DSC_8516.jpg
DSC_8520.jpg
DSC_8528.jpg

So, what do you guys think? Part out the super-sketchy Trashliner Trike to make the free Schwinn into an admittedly better trike, or sell the Trashliner to fund some other projects?

Last edited:
Well, I think I'm going to part out The Trashliner Trike. I'm taking it to my welder guy first thing in the morning to fix a spot on the trike rear, then after giving it one final ride, I'm going to start taking it apart. I'm not sure if I'll use the trike rear end for this build, but I'm definitely going to use the springer fork and ape hangers. Looks like I'm going to have to pull some ads down...

Latest posts

Back