BO15 Nouveau Style (previously Shop-rod)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved on to the rear box support. A little trial and error was needed to get the position right. I don't want to catch the back of my leg on it as I pedal!

I'd love to show you my fancy tube bender at this point. But alas I don't own one! I just use the end of my workbench!
DSC_1903.JPG

They only needed a "tweak"

Tacked into position
DSC_1905.JPG

I won't fully weld them until I'm sure of their position.
DSC_1906.JPG

What if your cool box had a cut that followed the seat stay , it would look really custom and also allow more 'heel room'.

What if your cool box had a cut that followed the seat stay , it would look really custom and also allow more 'heel room'.
The box needs to be that size and shape.
However........ Remember, there is a long way to go with this design. What you are seeing here will not be seen once I'm finished.....

Well, in the cold (sober) light of day, I think it looks rubbish!

So I'm redoing it. Different thread, different stitch and I've reprofiled the area where the foam finishes.

I've made a start on it, but I've had to stop for now. I'll post photos when it's done.

So I'm redoing it. Different thread, different stitch and I've reprofiled the area where the foam finishes.

I've made a start on it, but I've had to stop for now. I'll post photos when it's done.
I think many times we are too hard on ourselves and our accomplishments. The good thing about that is, it makes us strive to do better.

Last edited:

I covered a set of bars with a purchased leather cover, Used two needles from opposite sides to get an X pattern, thick waxed thread. Pain to keep straight while stitching though, I found that it was a job that needed to be done slowly and deliberately.

I covered a set of bars with a purchased leather cover, Used two needles from opposite sides to get an X pattern, thick waxed thread. Pain to keep straight while stitching though, I found that it was a job that needed to be done slowly and deliberately.
That's what I was aiming for, now using two needles. However I must be doing it wrong /differently because I'm not getting the "X". I don't mind though because I actually like the pattern I'm getting.

That's what I was aiming for, now using two needles. However I must be doing it wrong /differently because I'm not getting the "X". I don't mind though because I actually like the pattern I'm getting.
If I recall correctly, it was an over - under pattern. You couldn't pull your last stitch tight until you completed the next. It was tedious but looked nice.

Latest posts

Back