Shelby Traveler...whats a fair price???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This Shelby is for sale near my house...looks to be Late 30s???? Covered in a layer of rust...hardly any paint poking through. All chrome is shot..BUT all the parts seem to be original and I love the frame...I think the guy is asking WAY too much at $950!!!!!! What would you pay for this bike??????? Thanks for any input.

112492143.861ZDcnL.Rainman100dollars.jpg

Thanks for the reaffirming comments. I did explain in a nice way what I thought the bike was actually worth and why. I came up with a figure that everyone here seems to agree on. But I never got any response. Hopefully when he sees it does not sell at this price ( he started selling this a couple of weeks ago with a price of $1,100!!! ) I will be able to get it for a fair price...oh well :roll:

200 is about the max i could spend on a banana tank frame with no tank, no i didn't see the rear until you noticed it. id pay about an extra 50 so, 250 for it. good eye.

Nick.

CeeBee said:
Nickinator said:
I would pay around 200.00 and thats it.

Nick.

Nick, did you notice the rear fender light? Isn't that close to a $200 piece by itself? (If its in good shape...And I am NOT suggesting you part this bike out in the long run! :wink: )

I think this is one of those deals where the seller has watched too much cable TV. When no one buys at $900 he will get more reasonable. I have dealt with people like this in the past and found that if you approach them with an educated price and politely (very important!) explain your reasoning they tend to come around. Especially if there is no other local interest.
I would take whatever amount of cash that you feel comfortable spending and go talk to the guy face to face. Explain your reasoning of why you are making your offer, and you probably will own it soon enough! (By the way, for me, this would be a little more than $200 :wink: )
Good luck! :D

Offer a hundie in person with a phone #. He'll come around. Lots of work/fun ahead for who ever gets it.

Latest posts

Back