Shelby Flyer Charity Auction Build Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shake & Bake! Got the fork coated and baked turned out better than expected. May second coat it though
Now that I have a better feel of how the powder goes on a more complex part than a sprocket. 400 degrees for 10 min for the RAL 7006 Beige Gray.

hauf.jpg

5pmf.jpg

I may have a problem that requires switching frames this one is way rougher than I though I may have to switch to my backup frame a Colson or a Murray I have in reserve . I will know after I rough up the frame when I sand blast it in the driveway. Carl26 is doing me a big favor and working on a few pcs that will be custom.
fsqa.jpg

Looks like the frame will be fine. Had to fill some punch or jig marks on frame with JB Weld which is supposed to hold up to powder coating temps we are going to find out. Got my 3G wheel set in Matt Black and some Duro brick pattern tires.

Thank you Carl26 ! The parts are just too cool these were donated and Laser cut by Carl from my drawing. I can't wait to powdercoat them tomorrow gotta form the head badges 1stainless and 1 mild steel will PC the mild and polish the SS on and see which I like better.
oin1.jpg

Kevin is correct pedal plates. I formed the headbadge yesterday I couldn't find the form I had used to shape one from another build but found a pipe the right size.

Thank you Carl26 ! The parts are just too cool these were donated and Laser cut by Carl from my drawing. I can't wait to powdercoat them tomorrow gotta form the head badges 1stainless and 1 mild steel will PC the mild and polish the SS on and see which I like better.
oin1.jpg

No problem! Can't wait to see the formed head badge on the bike!

The finished parts. Thanks again Slyred for the pedals and Carl26 for the Laser skills.
mtm9.jpg

Latest posts

Back