SECOND CHANCE BUILD OFF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
RULES

- Anyone can join in if you had a bike that didn't get finished in a past RatRodBikes build off.
- Deadline is before the next RRBBO5 starts. Just try to make it this time :wink:
- Please post once and edit your post in this thread with updates.
- Post a link to your original build thread if possible.

Poll for the winner after the deadline, I'll come up with a trophy :mrgreen:

BOBBACHOPS STREAMLINE RATCYCLE - PART 2

Original Build Thread

life kinda turned into a rollercoaster when i was building the bike, heres where it stopped ... wedge is fused in the fork, headset is froze in place... thats where we pick up. :mrgreen:

100_4866.jpg

added tank board the other day, planned on some lettering, but who knows when thatll happen :lol:

100_5430.jpg

i primered another fork to replace this rusted-in-place fork but my brother has decided the fork needs to stay, the stem is just gonna get welded in place instead :mrgreen:

100_7024.jpg

welded the stem in place, the bearing race isnt moving now so if it ever does, itll get welded in place too :lol:

100_7023.jpg

here it is in all its glory on a wet southern illinois day, cruise around the industrial park but didnt stop much for pics due to the raindfall :mrgreen: basically its become the "shop" bike, who ever dares ride it can if they want.

specs
bought the tires / grips just to have them
donor wheels were too shiny - got primed
roughly cut aluminum tank board - got primed
chainguard bought from the the forum here - got primed
frame from the junk pile
apes from the junk pile
seat from the junk pile
added some red crown valve caps

i may not have finished the bike i wanted to finish but im happy with it as is and everyone else around here seems to like it too :D

I'm in.
My bike is split personality.
I have to have this finished before autorama as this is my bike for it.
So every spare time that I have and have time to drive the hour to Scrapyard Choppers I will be working on it.

Where I stopped during build off.
splitpersonality161.jpg

splitpersonality162.jpg

splitpersonality163.jpg

The link to the build thread. viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20905&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

Okay so I tried tried to get my pictures uploaded to photo bucket and it just didn't work. So my pics are all posted onto the freakbike thread. Below is the info.

I have new pics posted on the freakbike nation thread. http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... 449#p24449

Highboy

Highboy, didn't get it done in time for the last build off, but it'll be the first completed in this one. In the works are a tank and a box for the carrier up front. Can't put a carrier on the rear because getting on and off doesn't leave room for obstructions.

m0xw5.jpg

The build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=21496

Well, that's it for the Highboy. No more mods, that's my entry for the second chance buildoff.

After 3 weeks, I'm still limping around from "the wheelie", and one of the guys here on the base offered me a sweet deal, so it's going to go to a new home. I still have some big tires, maybe a lowrider next time.

kcdkbb.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing some new pics of the split personality bike. That will be cool!!

Shaggy

I forgot about the chainguard I put on it. And a basket for beer. At it's new home, all the guys take turns riding it around the apartments.

2dmi4q1.jpg

Klunker Buildoff:

Finally finished the bike a few months after the buildoff ended. As much as I wanted to make the original finish time, even with all the positive vibes and inspiration from you all, I didn't make the cut. Worth the wait though, this bike is still the pride and joy of my stable.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10721

All the pictures dissapeared from the thread when I reorganized my photobucket files sorry. Here is my photobucket pictures of the bike:

http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 ... te%201941/

And a few of my favorite pics. At the time, I though I was taking a lot of pics of the build process. In hindsight, I wish I took more. The lovely model is my sig other who has taken over the responsibility of making sure the bike gets ridden. Ok by me, she looks a lot better on it then I ever will.

bike518c3.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

DXEve0009.jpg

41DXDrivetrain0001_1.jpg

DXEve0001-1.jpg

41DX0001_1.jpg

Photobucket has been fighting Gigs, so tonight I thought I'd give it a try. Well finally after several hours I managed to get things going. Here's a couple of pics of the finished bike at Autorama.

2010detroitautorama033.jpg

2010detroitautorama389.jpg

She'll probably post more when she gets time this week.

oh how awesome is that !!! love the two-face paint job :D :D :D not to mention its a pretty slick styled frame, what kind of wheels are those ?

41DX said:
Klunker Buildoff:

And a few of my favorite pics. At the time, I though I was taking a lot of pics of the build process. In hindsight, I wish I took more. The lovely model is my sig other who has taken over the responsibility of making sure the bike gets ridden. Ok by me, she looks a lot better on it then I ever will.

DXEve0001-1.jpg

41DX0001_1.jpg

They say a man is judged by the company he keeps. You keep pretty good company. She is a stunning creation.

Oh, the girl is nice looking too! -Both keepers.

:wink:

Latest posts

Back