Seawall Cruiser (almost finished with mock up.)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this old Murray at Sprockets Bike Shop in Porter, TX. Wanted to build a bike to cruise the Seawall in Galveston, TX. Decided to document my build in this contest.
null_zpsa18cf41d.jpg

Re: Seawall Cruiser

Good start!

I'm guessing that Galveston might be a nice place to ride. We might come down in September for vacation and bring a couple of bikes.

@ loudboy. There is a 10 mile long Seawall. You can run, walk, or ride along its length. Lots of shops, food, and bikinis.

Welcome to RRB and good luck !
If you see a bare metal Nirve Cannibal chopper on the seawall, tell them Brian said hello. It's a bike that I sold and shipped to a guy to use on the wall.
HAVE FUN!

First mock up. I like to go fast. Had to have 700c wheels. Don't really like the handle bars. Hard to go fast in that position.
null_zps8d9f38bf.jpg

huffyrider said:
@ loudboy. There is a 10 mile long Seawall. You can run, walk, or ride along its length. Lots of shops, food, and bikinis.

Sounds like fun, but I ain't gonna wear no bikini. :shock:

Love that first pic and how you got Sprockets in the background. I LOVE that bike shop. I live out near Katy,Tx so it's a bit of a haul but Matt and the crew out there are awesome and I love their boneyard. I'll probably have to go out there to find stuff for my build. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

SpokeAndTruth said:
Love that first pic and how you got Sprockets in the background. I LOVE that bike shop. I live out near Katy,Tx so it's a bit of a haul but Matt and the crew out there are awesome and I love their boneyard. I'll probably have to go out there to find stuff for my build. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

I have alot of family in Katy. Small world!

I get all kinds of stuff from sprockets. Found this Nishiki there. It was not in this condition when I found it.
null_zps2ab62610.jpg

null_zpsedc4a6db.jpg

Bill in Houston said:
sure, 8 is plenty.

i took me a while to figure out the perspective of the photo! :)
It might be enough.
Had to turn the bike upside down to work on it. I don't have a proper work stand.

Since I'm not using a coaster brake, I needed to mount a brake caliper. But, I didn't want to drill holes in the frame. I had this bottle opener from another bike build. I think I can use these pieces to mount the brakes.
null_zpsf25a9649.jpg

null_zpsa1333d55.jpg

Maybe I should polish them again.

This poor bike has been giving up some of its parts for this build.
null_zps7b285565.jpg

I might need that crank and bottom bracket too.

Latest posts

Back