Sears Spyder build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a before of my Spyders:

beforespyder_zps8669540e.jpg

What do you all think of the fork height? I am thinking I could go down a lot on the front. More vintage racer less chopper. I can only cut once so I thought I'd asked the peanut gallery.

Yep measure twice cut once. Now I got a little agressive on the drop, now they are too short. Guess I have some forks for my next 20" build. Great googly moogly. That being said they did look a little heavy for the frame anyhow. Now I am in search of new forks.

Well here it is post hack.

WP_000161_zpsa71ad472.jpg

Last night i put the tires and tubes on the wheels and it looks better but I didn,t get any pictures.

It might be OK, likely to be a little voice nagging me for new forks in the back of my head.

Well I "finished" it for the summer. Some chips and such I should touch up but that is what winter is for. I changed the forks to some OCC's and dig the banana seat. I drilled out the mount holes and used some huffy double goose neck clamps and huffy V-Bars. It is a pedal drager so I will need to address that but it is fun to ride.

WP_000193_zps6fb3c8d1.jpg

Latest posts

Back