Sears Spaceliner - Class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked this pile of parts up about a year ago from another member that doesn't post much and there's a fairly interesting back-story. It was posted here in the for sale section but the seller didn't have a location. I sent him a PM late one night asking what it would cost to ship it to me. This guy could have lived anywhere on God's green earth but he's less than a hours drive from me and better yet....................he works less than three miles from my house. There was no way I couldn't buy it at that point and he was so happy that he didn't have to ship it he gave me a nice discount and threw in some extra stuff for free. I've got some neat-o junk for this one but I'm still looking for a wheel set and a banana seat..........would prefer red but would consider others.

I present to you, Project: Son Of Sputnik...........

Spaceliner 1.JPG

Spaceliner 2.JPG

I've got a complete liner I'm gonna part if you need anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
26" or 24"? If 26", what kind of rear hub do you want? If I've got what you need, and you want to buy the parts and the spokes, I'll lace them up for you.

That's a very generous offer, especially considering you've got your own projects to finish. It's a 26" frame. I don't want any new stuff on this thing so most likely a Red Band or two speed kick back if I can find one cheap (LOL). I've got a bunch of RB2 hubs..............one 36 spoke and a handful of 28's. I could rebuild one and send it to you. I'd like to use a Schwinn S-2 or it's equivalent since I'm a fan of the flat style hoop. I'm planning to wrap the rear wheel with a Jerald Slick. For the front I was thinking about something skinny. I'm certainly no expert and am open to suggestions.

I'm having a real hard time getting motivated to start on my three entries. All my bike junk stuff is in my Daughters old room and I've gone in their multiple times to get to work but I end up just turning the light back off and shutting the door. I was able to find a NOS Schwinn S-2 replacement hoop and got the RB2 that I bought a year ago torn down for a soak in the secret sauce. I also found a killer deal (at least I thought so) on some NOS Wald head-sets so I wont have to monkey around with cleaning up the crusty old stuff right now. I also scored a killer fork & truss rod combo that will look supercool™ on the Spaceliner. Decent weather has FINALLY arrived here in the Fresnothing area so I'm out of excuses...................time to go to work.

This project never got off the ground as I was busy working on my other two entries and non-bicycle related stuff. I may just stick the pile of parts in the corner and save it for next years MBBO.

Latest posts

Back