Searching the Site

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I dont understand the search system on this forum, here is an example:

1. I want to search for "seat spring".

2. I click on Search

3. Type in "Seat Spring"

4. I press enter I get this in return:

Search found 3522 matches: seat spring
ignored: seat

5. So I read the keyword thing:

Place + in front of a word which must be found and - in front of a word which must not be found. Put a list of words separated by | into brackets if only one of the words must be found. Use * as a wildcard for partial matches.

6. I type in "+seat +spring"

7. Get same results as before:

Search found 3522 matches: seat spring
ignored: seat

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be able to search for "seat spring" or just stumble through 3533 posts?

Don't forget to select the forum that you'd like to search in too...that helps narrow things down.

You may also try searching for "seat spring" with the quotes around it.

Rat Rod said:
Don't forget to select the forum that you'd like to search in too...that helps narrow things down.

You may also try searching for "seat spring" with the quotes around it.

Even when I select a forum like Intros and search for "seat" it says it's too common. I think it's going to ignore the word seat no matter what you do.
Searching for "seat spring" still ignores "seat" even when a forum is selected.

Sooo I guess that means that if you just search for "spring" odds are "seat" is going to be in the post also :D

i have found that using the search option can be a little difficult when trying to find something, and that must be the reason why alot of people mostly new members ask alot of the same questions thats why we have a lot of similar threads. which in turn make the searching even more difficult. :D

Latest posts

Back