SE Big Ripper or Felt Rail... HELP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your pick?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help spending my tax refund...

Any other options I should consider?

I'm looking for a BMX style cruiser (prefer a more vintage look) that isn't SUPER expensive. I'm 6'1 and don't really want to be all crowded in a small bike. Thanks!

I don't know what your budget is but this is my favourite SE, the 29er Quadrangle in copper:

9626460039_33a9421257.jpg

R.R.Price is pretty similar to the Big Ripper or even slightly cheaper...

Other good option for around the same money is the Fairdale:

26taj-black-09-tos_9428TM_600x.jpg

Luke.

Never heard of RR Price, and the Fairdale looks pretty cool.

The Copper is smooth, but I'm trying to spend a little less.

rrp=recommended retail price, Ozzenese for "msrp"
Sorry, did not realise that was an Australia only thing... :oops: If my memory serves correctly the retail on the big ripper is $550 and the 29 Quad is $525? the Fairdale is about $600?

Luke.

Yeah... it's all pretty close. I found a blue Big Ripper that is a little cheaper, couple years old, still new.
Cool! Got to love a bargain! The big ripper is a bit lighter too from memory with it's aluminium frame.

Luke.

Sorry, did not realise that was an Australia only thing... :oops: If my memory serves correctly the retail on the big ripper is $550 and the 29 Quad is $525? the Fairdale is about $600?

Luke.

It's probably not just Australian... I bet they use it in some other English-speaking countries, too. The US tends to go with Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, aka MSRP.

I think that, here in the states, they get close to $100 USD more for the Quad vs the BigRipper, based on what I've seen at some online retailers. My local shop carries SE; I've been very close to buying a 26" Quad a few times.... it was a blue one that got marked down several times before it finally sold... I believe he ended up selling it on eBay.

Latest posts

Back