se big ripper 29 inch bmx anyone know if these are good or not.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so the bmx bug is getting me again and i am edging to buy a bmx i can actually ride.
im 40 years old and miss the days of trick riding and bmx so i figure why not get back into it.
the bike i have in mind is the se big ripper 29 incher.
im a big guy so i need a big bike.the only concern i have is im 5 11 and the big ripper looks to be tall.
does anyone know of any other bmx bikes for big adults who wanna be big kids?
i ride a cheapie pos genesis 29er but i would not even attempt to take that hoop d bmxing it would prolly break and fall apart before i even hit the tracks.
i would like to modify the bike with a gyro and a few odds n end trick riding parts so thats why im thinking the se big ripper.
i know the pk ripper is a sweet ride so if i am Right these are in the same family. which is why im looking to get one.
any info would be appreciated
sean

I'm older now, also 5'11" I recently picked up an SE So Cal Flyer, however that is a 24", also had a 24" Redline Proline 24. Neither of which cost me more than $200 used.

If you are doing tricks and such, you might find that the 29" is just too bulky to whip around and take to a skate park. Its more of a cruiser/single speed than a BMX for tricks and such. You might want to take a 29" mtb out to a park and see how that works for you in regards to what kind of stuff your going to do, and sorta picture how the geometry would change on the frame.

Theres a huge difference between a 20" BMX, a 24" and a 29" I find it much easier to flick around a 24" than a larger bike. $600 is a lot of coin to drop without riding one to test out if it would work for how u want to ride it.

Both of the 26" SE Racing bikes that I own are really nice and ride awesome.

index.php.jpg

0ibh.jpg

I'm 5'9" tall and the 26" are a really comfortable ride.

xlf8.jpg

Quick video my 8 year old shot...

awesome
i like the way those look
maybe i will try a 26 inch out and see how i like it.
thanks for sharing the pics.
i think i have decided on a 26 inch pk that one with the blue tires looks awesome.
back to looking i will start a thread once i decide on which one i wanna get.
Sean

gt makes a 26 inch performer and intercepter. one ebay store had the performer for $350 with free shipping.

Latest posts

Back