Scwhinn of some sort

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally don't buy anything scwhinn because they seem to carry a hefty pricetag but this one came with a ladies Firestone, a random 20 inch Murray frame and an early 80s huffy frame for a price I couldn't beat.

It's a 58, middleweight and will likely be my next project unless I find another Murray or monark first.
IMG_20190827_204953391.jpg
IMG_20190827_205041186.jpg
IMG_20190827_204959791.jpg

It looks like it will clean up and shine and look great.
I'd guess coppertone, but 58 was before that color was offered.
It also looks like the chain guard is from a later Schwinn. If I were to guess, I would say it's a 63-67 Deluxe model.

Last edited:
The serial number came back as a 58 but it also appears coppertone too me. Its original paint and I'll certainly look for other date codes when and if I tear it down. I'm far from an expert so I'm happy with any help identifying these things i drag home

Good! You've got the handlebars too. I was going to suggest you find a match to put the bike back original. Those old Schwinns paint and chrome are high quality, they will clean up nicely. Ratrod had one or more old coppertone Schwinns that looked brand new when he gave them a very thorough going over.

Yup removed the bars so it would fit in a slimmer place for now. The front fender may not be saveable but the rest doesn't look too bad. I'll just have to decide what I want to do with it.

Is the purple bike in the background also a Schwinn?
Red with the purple fork? If so that's an 80s huffy frame i gave a friend too build. The primer woman's frame, my red mbbo bike and the copper one are the only scwhinns I own. The fork could be scwhinn it came off one of the many lightweight parts bikes I've found for free. Forgot there's also a yellow scwhinn that a friend gave me down there

Latest posts

Back