SCREEN NAME MEANINGS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just thought this would be an interesting thread because there are a lot of folks on the forum with cryptic screen names. Mine's pretty obvious.

Some are actual names, but other names most of us can't even pronounce.

Thought it would be fun for folks to explain why they chose the name they did.

You're not obligated if you just want to be mysterious. :wink:

My name is Randy not Joe. Years ago I was wanting my own domain name. Trying to find a domain name not already taken can be difficult. I wanted something short and easy to remember. For some reason "locojoe" popped into my head and it wasn't taken so I registered locojoe.com. I used it as a screen name on the net but it was already taken a lot of places so I started using "aka_locojoe" instead. So bottom line is my screen name is based on a domain name I own which has nothing to do with anything.

YYZ is the designator for Pearson (Toronto) International Airport
MEC iam an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (mechanic)
giving the screen name YYZMEC been using it since i first got online.

Mine comes from a couple of sources :? Years ago a buddy and I were working for a GC and were constantly doing and trying crazy things (if they didn't kill us or hurt too bad, we probably did them more than once :shock: ) the GC referred to us as his wahoo crew. I am also a die hard University of Virgina fan. HEY, HEY...UVA ALL THE WAY!! :lol: the NC part comes from living in NC for the past 30 or so years :p

Been using it as a screen name for as long as I have been on the internet.

Aaron 8)

plain an simple just the way it sounds . broke when i got money, broke when im buildin, broke after i take the family out , always scrapin by with the bare necessities cuz im workin on to many things tryin to get them all done at once ,an beatin paul over the head to steal from mary to provide the need for speed on two ratty rims :wink: always countin my chickens before they hatch because ive already sold the first four dozen, to make up four the last 5 that im in debt too! (wife just peered over my shoulder said describes you to a T) so i guess im done peace BAB

When I worked in the fab shop a coworker said when I was dressed in the welding sleeves and with my shaved head, he said I looked mean like a silverback gorilla. He (and soon everyone in the shop) started calling me 'Budzilla'. When I started on these bike sites I just put Cycles on the end. I have a spiffy leather welding jacket I drew the name out with some images that aren't suitable (think topless) for this site, but guys at the shop liked it. I used to be the guy they would scare the new kids about.

The screen name I use came to be in a very lame fashion. I needed a user name to open my ebay account and I wanted something I could remember easy and didn't have to fight with anyone else to get (read lazy). "xddorox" was the name of the server for the city I work for and I had to log on to it everyday back then. At the time both cities had merged together and the IT department decided to reflect that in the name of the server which basically means: Ex Dollard-Des-Ormeaux/Roxboro. I have been using this screen name ever since on all my accounts throughout the web and I never have to find another username, it's never taken! (read again lazy). My real world nickname was given to me by my co-workers: Bikeman. Now try to find a place on the web where that one ain't taken!

A lot of people came to know me as WkdWgn, the license plate of a wagon I built, Wicked Wagon. And I am really into tiki stuff and skulls so others started calling me voodoo wagon and it just stuck.

Well, hmm...how to say this.....my wife and I like to indulge in some "adult" activities from time to time (haven't in several months though)....and "TexasXXX" is our screen name on a few "adult" sites.

I used to be really fat and my buddies called me slims...not fat anymore, but the name stuck. Luckily most forums dont have a slims on them.

Hi my name is Kelly not Nic or Nick, I have been using mine for about five years now. The name nogoodnic is a musical reference that I picked up a few years ago when I was listening to alot of swing music. It is in a Royal Crown Revue song (Trouble in Tinsel Town, I think) refering to the pimps, pushers and all around nogoodnics. I thought it sounded cool and adopted it as a screen name. At the time I even had a Red Wings jersy made with that name on the back because it sounded like a hocky name to me. The 42 that I sometimes have to tack on the end is for all of the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy fans who know what the meaning of life is...Kelly

mine is my name. pretty creative, huh?
(read- name+initial)

most of my bikes are low to the ground i figure it sounds better than lowridah im also great at instigating things

mine is just a bunch of normal words put together. most of the time i find my self in situations where im saying it "oh yes its me"

Well mines pretty simple, My name is Rick and I have worked at a bicycle shop for thirty-two years thus everyone knows me as Bicyclerick.

well mine is a bit deeper. i have had the name karfer67 for years it was my original screen name on aol years ago and has stuck. basicly karfer is german for beetle and 67 is both the year of my vw beetle and my lucky number. if any of you have looked at my avatar it is an old empi badge. i love bikes and hot rods but i am a died in the wool vw freak i have the tattoos to prove it. :mrgreen:

Well my when ever id go over my uncle daves house when i was little, He'd scream HEY ITS THE RICKSTER! i like two r's so its Ricksterr, And 1221 is my birthday.. Seems right 2 me.

Karfer, You like them "Volksrods"? i love em there sharp and i love vw's too..
Uncle dave used 2 have one.

Latest posts

Back