SCRAP HAPPY (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SCRAP HAPPY (SNEEK PEEK)

Just getting an idea of how it is going to look.

Bobbed the fender to a point. Drilled out by the stays, so the fender fits better.

cool looking mock up gonna be a sweet ride!

Troy

Great work on that fender!
Looking sharp.

Re: SCRAP HAPPY (WHICH SEAT ?)

I prefer the solo over the banana seat. The sissy bar clutters that beautiful rear end treatment in my eyes :)

Glen said:
I prefer the solo over the banana seat. The sissy bar clutters that beautiful rear end treatment in my eyes :)

I'll second that. In fact, I think it would look even better with a straight seatpost, to show more of the fender.

I kinda like the nanner seat but it does distract from the fender, I'd go for the single with a seat post that is lower and longer. Put the seat almost on the rear tire.

The lines of the chainguard/skirt guard/bobbed fender are really nice on their own. I know restraint isn't really a rat rod value but I would leave those alone and use the small seat.

The sissy bar hides the curve of the Elgin skirts. If you use the nanner you should probably consider some support that compliments that curve.

Machine Age Victim said:
I say nanner with curved sissy bar to match the curve in the fender

I think I'll try that. Please stand by.

Re: SCRAP HAPPY (WHICH BARS ?)

After thinking it out, the banana seat and sissy bar would take away from all my fender work. So now it is time to pick the bars.

Bar 1

Bar 2

Bar 3

Hmmm... that's a toughie. :?

The apes in photo #1 are too tall to my eyes.

Photo #2 looks better. Has kind of an "Indian Larry" bobber feel to it.

And in photo #3, it looks real fast.

It's real tough between #2 and #3, but I would probably go with #2. But I guess it depends a lot on the style of riding you like.

Good choice on the seat too. :wink:

Glen said:
Hmmm... that's a toughie. :?

The apes in photo #1 are too tall to my eyes.

Photo #2 looks better. Has kind of an "Indian Larry" bobber feel to it.

And in photo #3, it looks real fast.

It's real tough between #2 and #3, but I would probably go with #2. But I guess it depends a lot on the style of riding you like.

Good choice on the seat too. :wink:

I am thinking #2 as well.

Re: SCRAP HAPPY

Went through all my handle bars and like the bars off of donor bike 3, they look and work the best. Dropped the triple trees and slammed the seat. KOTA stop by and he approves. :D

Latest posts

Back