Schwinn?? Year?? Model?? Help

May 5, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what this one is. Only numbers I can read on bottom bracket are 74EH. There is some symbol or something after the H but I can’t tell what it is

Attachments

Reactions: Grant
Oct 5, 2015
Kalifornia / Toes Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1947 Hawthorne by Snyder - built at the Excelsior Michigan City Indiana plant (closer to Wards Chicago).
Serial number might be on the seat tube mast, with a letter “C” prefix followed by 6 digits.
Someone may have swapped out the chain ring sprocket for an A&S 4-hole; (and the seat post clamp appears missing).
Motorbike model.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve got a bendix 2 speed kickback hub on this bike, that’s a score. This would be a good start for a rat bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome that is what I wanted to do with it. Not familiar with the s 2 speed thing. Should it have a cable like the internal 3 spd? Cause there is nothing just looks like a single hub? Can you help educate me??

Jan 4, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awesome that is what I wanted to do with it. Not familiar with the s 2 speed thing. Should it have a cable like the internal 3 spd? Cause there is nothing just looks like a single hub? Can you help educate me??
No cable at all, it shifts when you kick the pedals back. There is probably a YouTube video showing how these work, they’re very unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 17, 2018
NEW SMYRNA BEACH FL.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Some folks enjoy riding , some do it for the exercise or just the rush , there's collectors and purist . Then we have the rebels that like to stretch
the limit's and build there vision of the perfect bike .