Schwinn World Sport - Before and After

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finally done rebuilding my '87 Schwinn World Sport. I found it on Craigslist in January for $35, it was in pretty good shape for a 24 year old bike, but needed some work. I replaced the tires, bartape, brake levers and cables, shift cables, and chain. Fully disassembled the bike and re-lubed and greased all moving parts. Polished all the chrome and aluminum and now the bike is rust free. I still have to adjust the deraileurs but other than that the bike is now rideable. I'm stoked with how it turned out, not bad for a bike that was built when I was three years old!

Before:
IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

After!
DSC_4992.jpg

DSC_4990.jpg

DSC_4991.jpg

DSC_4989.jpg

Wow, GREAT job! I've always loved the World Sports. I have a few that are begging to be fixed up too, thanks for the inspiration! :mrgreen:

schwinnmesa said:
Wow, GREAT job! I've always loved the World Sports. I have a few that are begging to be fixed up too, thanks for the inspiration! :mrgreen:
Thanks, I'm really happy with how it turned out, it rides great.

Did a little flop 'n chop treatment on the bars today, after riding I decided the drops weren't for me. I think they turned out pretty nice, much more comfortable than the drops and I think they look a lot better this way too. Mid 70's forecasted all weekend, looking forward to getting some miles on this thing! :D

DSC_5029.jpg

DSC_5025.jpg

Very cool and clean bike love what ya dd to the bars. Took me a while to get used to the drops myself but I kinda dig them

Wow, very cool - looks like brand new now!
I'm diggin' the "new" handlebars, too - cool mod! 8)

Latest posts

Back