Schwinn Straight Bar Question?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what year or years Schwinn Straight Bars didn't have the kickstand welded to the frame? Looking for a post war straight bar that doesn't have the welded kickstand. Thanks

I remember reading that in 1953, Schwinn began using the bolt on kickstand on the economy models.

My 55 Spitfire has a detachable kickstand.
62156_d7a30f0f035082048210bb9340f56917.jpg

I briefly looked in to this at one time and still have no idea. I believe it is like Wildcat said the economy bikes would have bolt on kickstands. What years did and didn't I have no idea, I know my double straight bars from the 60's still had bolt on kickstands. It was the lower end bikes as far as I can tell, and I don't think it's every year either. We need a Schwinn expert to lay it out.

Yea I think it was the lower end models from what I seen. Seems like most have welded kicks. Thanks

I'm not a Guru on this, but I believe when the welded on kickstand showed up early postwar, the cheaper bikes kept the bolt on, and continued with the Tornado, Skipper, etc, into the eraly '60s. -Adam

Latest posts

Back