Schwinn Spitfire year

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this a couple of years ago and I'm interested to know what year it was made. There is no serial number anywhere on the frame. I took the crank out to check that, saw the AS & CO, a 2 and thats all I can make out. Any help would be great.
spitfire.jpg

Ratina, you were right. I couldn't see anything on the left dropout, so I started scrubbing it with some steel wool, and numbers started to appear like a lottery scratch-off! J870054, which I believe is September 16th, 1958. I got the info from the Re-Cycle web page. They also stated the feather style chainguard was used from 1938-1956, so I'm wondering now if that's correct since this bike is a '58. Whatever, I appreciate your help.

I looked through the catalogs that trfindley has online, they didn't illustrate many of the 58 models, but the 58 Hornet has the same chain guard, as does the 57 Spitfire, so I think that's the correct chain guard for your 58 Spitfire.

http://www.trfindley.com/pg_schwinn_cats.htm

Latest posts

Back