***SCHWINN S-2 WHEEL OR RIM NEEDED ASAP - PLEASE HELP***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so it's Thursday night and I've been working all day on a bike I'm taking to the Ft. Lauderdale show on November 12th. I'm to the point of fitting the S-2 rear wheel with New Departure hub I bought off of Ebay to my Schwinn Corvette when I realize that the wheel is shaped like an egg rather than round not to mention that it's bent from side to side. So naturally I panic and spend two days hunting all over Ebay for a reasonably priced wheel or rim only to come up dry. I've only got a week or so before the show and I've got no rear wheel! The S-2 front is fine, but it needs a mate. Long story short, I hope someone on here has a decent to presentable chrome S-2 rim or wheel (this one takes the 26 x 2.125 sized tire, not the 26 x 1 x 3/4 S-7) that they are willing to sell or trade for a reasonable price. I really need this part so if anyone has one please let me know.
Thanks!

KK,

Do not despair! There is hope, there is peace, there is no need to fret nor worry! Why should you follow the path to the 'bay, when delivery is close at hand? Get ye over to your LBS this very morning and confess to them how you nearly lapsed and spent big $$$. Then prostrate yourself before them and humbly beg their mercy; "O kind and humble master, will you true my wheel!" And son, before you go, shine that hub, wipe down those spokes, polish that chrome, and remove the tire and tube.

P.S. Don't forget to attend services this Sunday. My topic; "The Parable of the Rust Encrusted Fenders." Be there.

I would go to the Lord's LBS and beg for forgiveness. I would get down on my knees and ask him to repair my wretched and twisted wheel. I would use his power to make all right in the world. But I fear that the demons down below have too strong a grip on this hoop - a battle between all that is good and all that is evil would have to happen - and they would still charge me $20.00. I considered having it trued, but honestly, this thing is hosed. it looks like a truck ran it over when you spin it. One side of the rim where the tire actually seats is lower than the other. When I say "egg shaped" I'm talking despoke it and it's still "egg shaped." Thanks for the advice - I do feel more in touch with my spiritual side now. :)

Well Brother Kus, ye lead me astray. Me thinks you didn't notice the errant ways of your wheel until you mounted it. Thus this devil had only a small wobble and egg, which should be easily exercised by your LBS wrench laying hands upon it. Sounds as if you should be praying long and hard while visiting the sacred sites (i.e. town dumps and dumpsters), while keeping your eye upon the prize. Gird yourself against the forces who despise vintage, who belittle collectors, and who chastize the rats. Go forth and proclaim S-2 to everyone. (P.S. Did you try posting on Schwinn Forum?)

Thanks for the advice, but all joking aside. I am going to despoke the wheel today and see if it can be salvaged. As for finding anything in a dumpster or in the dump - that's a moot point around here as it's illegal. The dump actually has signs that prohibit scavenging. Its the same for car parts, it's taken me about five years to collect parts to build a rat rod and I've got barely enough to make anything. Almost all my bike and car parts come off of the 'Bay. It's a sad state of affairs for rattin it down here.

Kustomkarma said:
Thanks for the advice, but all joking aside. ...As for finding anything in a dumpster or in the dump - that's a moot point around here as it's illegal. The dump actually has signs that prohibit scavenging.... Almost all my bike and car parts come off of the 'Bay. It's a sad state of affairs for rattin it down here.
Oh my heart aches for you my son. Oh tell me this abomination you describe is an untruth, a false teaching, an imagined perversion of the rat gospel? No dumpster diving? No town dump visits during off hours? No dragging the poor, the neglected, the rusting, the no longer wanted, two wheeled wonders back from the purgatory of a twisted heap of scrap metal. Tell PastorRat what you need and I might be able to redeem thy rat.

Kustomkarma:
Have you looked for a 1990's heavy duti? They used the S2 rims. Look around your local warehouse/industrial complex, shipyards, petro-chemical plants and you might see some yellow bikes near the fences...just tell one of the guys outside on break that you'll give him 20 bucks and....problem solved. it could work...... :mrgreen: Good luck!

orbittron said:
Kustomkarma:
Have you looked for a 1990's heavy duti? They used the S2 rims. Look around your local warehouse/industrial complex, shipyards, petro-chemical plants and you might see some yellow bikes near the fences...just tell one of the guys outside on break that you'll give him 20 bucks and....problem solved. it could work...... :mrgreen: Good luck!
Hmmm! Inspiration for my next sermon: "Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Ratty Wheels" Nor thy neighbor's scratched and chipped frame, nor thy neighbor's torn seat, nor thy neighbor's rusty chrome bits....

Orbittron, my son, seek redemption by diving in 10 dumpsters, visiting 15 thrift stores, and rescuing 3 bikes from permanent destruction. Now go and sin no more! :wink:

Latest posts

Back