Schwinn model

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Any idea of the model?
I will get more pics tonight.

00X0X_kbDKb4XKMcx_1200x900.jpg

1. Any visible writhing on the chain guard? looks like it has a Bendix Kickback rear coaster. Also not a skip tooth. If is a kickback I would guess earley 1960s; I think thats when Bendix made kickbacks. Also around mid 50s they quit the skiptooth. Date code is on the frame, can't remember where it is but might be on the underside of the bottom bracket. The web has a list of date codes and this will tell you when Schwinn made the frame, not necessarily the year as Schwinn stockpiled frames for later use. The web has info on most years Schwinn made the frames. Once you know the approximate year go to the web and look for Schwinn catalogues from that year until you find your bike.

I got more pics from the seller

00e0e_PKhbQ5jZOD_600x450.jpg
00101_fv8h4hTm2v6_600x450.jpg
00n0n_1mmjsDYeIOr_600x450.jpg

My perspective: I think the kickback hubs were produced from '64-'69. The chain guard is of an earlier style. The "mag" chainring is a red herring...I believe it is a Huffy ring, not a Schwinn, and was swapped out a long time ago. The hub could be a kickback, or it might just be finned.

The more I ponder it, the more convinced I become that this is a 1950s bike with "modern" amenities added to it. A little older than we've been expecting. It might be MUCH older. Consider that the '52 Black Phantom was a springer-equipped cantilever bike with full chrome fenders. Closer inspection is needed.

1970s typhoon deluxe with a later and cheaper springer fork added. wald chainguard. non-schwinn seat.

Location of the serial number and serial number will tell a lot.

That's a Huffy mag chain wheel, and a different chain guard. And I also agree on the 2 speed auto, red bands came before they yellow band 2 speed auto. But with all the changes, I also agree it may be an older frame. If the serial number is on the bottom bracket (BB) it's pre 1952. after 1952 if the number is on the left rear dropout. After 1969 if the number is on the head tube.

Thanks, for info.
I will pass for now.
But soon I will go south and if it still available, I will buy it

Got the frame.
Looks to be a 64 Jaguar.
S.n. A447372
Will be soon, after the rain will stop, posted for sale.
Rusty, but maybe a nice project for somebody

Latest posts

Back