Schwinn for my wife. Starlet maybe?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this 24 inch girl's schwinn from MonsterMetal a while ago and built it to replace a 24 inch banana seat ape hanger cruiser for my wife, as the firestone 500 II I had built her before was stolen... Got the bars from Fast Eddie, and the grips from Stretch. I got the new S-7 tires from my local bike shop. It's so cool living in a bicycle-centric place like Eugene that has cool shops who will find stuff for me... The Banana seat came off a 72 schwinn girl's lil chick or fairlady. Not sure, it was repainted. I had a new sparkle blue banana seat, but it looked too new, and the blue was too dark. This old faded one looked better. The brightly colored flowers have all turned grey... Anyways, here it is.
3325629503_d0fe879d3b_o.jpg

3325629511_36e301b889_o.jpg

I have always liked the schwinn frames that had this stenciling where the two colors meet... I found one for my wife, now i need to find one for me. :mrgreen:
Sorry for the crumby cell phone pics...

Nice bike!

Im rebuilding one too.
First womens cruiser tho, bought it in a crazy moment. :?

Im gonna go with the all flat black.

Good luck with the work!

Nice looking bike.

Can you read anything on the chainguard? If it's not a Starlet, it might be a Hollywood. I've been able to read old Schwinn chainguards by holding them at an angle, even if they've been painted over, the letters stand out.

It hasn't been painted over, just worn off. I can tell it starts with an S... The paint isn't perfect, but it's pretty decent, both on the wheels and the frame. I still need to wax/polish it, but it's pretty much done. I want it to look kinda vintage... The fenders have a few dings here and there... But the wife's happy with it, so I'm happy. :mrgreen:

My first thought was it's a Tornado, then scrolled down to where you said it starts w/an "S". Must be a Spitfire then! They made boys and girls versions, and used that two tone through the late 50s. ~Adam

Latest posts

Back