Schwinn Drop Out - Drag Style Bob Job (now with video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GREAT BIKE TOP TO BOTTOM FRONT TO BACK. TAKE A BOW SIR! IMPRESSIVE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

bc9973ecc97be83066b8913edcc7b3a8.jpg

Peggy the octopus and I both thank you.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Brings to mind early 70s Arlen Ness work.
Since his '70s "Digger Period" is my favorite for Ness' work, I'm taking that one to heart. Thanks!

awesome!!!! I can vision it sitting next to the Christmas tree at the drag strip...
I wish that we had one closer - pics at the strip would have been cool.

Love it! Great nostalgic colors [emoji1360]
Yeah, this bike wouldn't have had nearly the the impact in some modern chameleon or high-vibrancy pearl. To tell the truth, I almost masked panels and stripes and painted the rest glossy black, but it looked so good I couldn't bear the thought of some piece of masking tape lifting the color coat underneath.

I really like this. Well made.
- by Gigmata
Like Lee McNeese says, "It's not just good. It's good enough."

It looks so nimble! The colors turned out great, it all just works together perfectly. Great job!
Thank you! I had the lime gold flake in mind from the beginning, and the orange-bronze fades and green pinstripes just tied the whole thing together. We actually tried some wild magenta stripes in combination with the green, but they were just too much, so they were wiped away pretty quickly. I think that headlight was striped and re-striped at least three times.

This is definitely one of my fave builds this year.
Good luck brother!

such amount of great work ! , i wish you more votes, you deserve them :41::rockout:
Thanks so much! Not too worried about it on a personal level this year. I love what I managed to build. Plus, it already won the Vintage class at the largest custom bike show in CA, and I was just accepted as one of only 50 entrants in the King of the Cruisers contest before this coming Sunday's CruiseRide in Santa Barbara, where more than 2,000 riders usually attend.
I am overwhelmed with the positive reaction to the Drop Out so far, and it's only been finished for less than two weeks.
There are some really great builds this year, and I didn't choose the "standard" rat rod style for this one, so I understand it may not be everybody's cup of cocoa.

This is just a note for those that may be following or whatever. I entered the pre-ride show for the annual Santa Barbara Cruiser Ride, and Drop Out won the Builders' Choice Award. That award is totally about what was built, and not what was bought, so it really is great to be recognized by judges that build such incredible products.

Latest posts

Back