Schwinn canti BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, those wheels cleaned up beautifully! Can't wait to see this one come together. How did you clean them up?

Cleaned up wheels after dissemble with lots of elbow grease, OOOO steel wool and vinegar, new 12ga spokes and repack bearings. Anybody know anything about this stem?

Hook up with Mark Sr here on the board. He has one in all chrome on I believe a Worksman cruiser. I think there made by Wald..

Yelp, Wald stem. Thanks for the lead. Found a pic on that other website. BTW, Thanks for all the kind words on this one. I put tons of miles of this bike and am getting juiced about it coming back to life.

Last edited:
I found my Dads social # etched into both rims and on the frame. Guess this was done so if stolen, he could identify the bike. Anybody else have their dad using his engraving tool like this?

All the tools he got, he engraved, for a decade or two after his shop got broken into, and all tools stolen. The warm and fuzzy part of the story of course, is that back in the mid 70, all his motorcross friends and their rockin' muttonchops replenished his tool stock to the point he never lost any time wrenching. I come across these tools now and again, working on bikes, and smile everytime.

Don't think this is original to Schwinn. I remember changing the sprockets for fast take-offs so this is prop the result of that. All stock wasn't cool back then.

Def not original to a '69 Stingray. Cool build. Those wheels came out great. You might be able to wash with some soap and water and spray it with some clear if you want to preserve the original patina.

Latest posts

Back