Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1980 Varsity.

P6110429.JPG

"The Orwellian" Greenville, MS built 1984 Le Tour Luxe, fixed gear conversion. I had it powdercoated dark metallic blue at Olympic in Santa Ana, CA. I rode a ton of miles on that bike. After moving back to CO, the head tube developed cracks at the bottom that went through the lug.
gjfixed.jpg

The "Japanasonic", 1977 Super LeTour 12.2 Super Lite that I scored on CL for $50 in Lake Elsinore, CA in 2005. The rear wheel was re-dished and set up fixed gear suicide style. It never spun on me, even without blue loctite. I had that booger wound up westbound on on this hill (33°53'58.1"N+117°53'49.8"W) with no traffic either direction one night around 2006 and the speed sign flashed "48, 49" as I rolled by... scary fun. In Sept 2007, my friend Kenny and I were struck by a hit and run driver in Santa Fe Springs, CA and that was the end of that frame.
051207 013.jpg

1977 Le Tour II Super Lite (Panasonic), "Orange Whip" at the top of Carbon Canyon Road with Mt. San Antonio (California) in the background. Acquired in my current locale for $200 (inflation!) around 2012. Proper wheelset this time, All City 36h hubs, DT Champion and a couple of almost NOS Araya aluminum ISO 630 (hooked) rims. It lived at my mom's in SoCal for a few years so I would have something to drive on visits out there. It came back to CO with me three years ago and was my fast town bike, until I found the Paramount frame and then gifted it to a friend who rides like-sized frames and loves the color orange. It's now a SS gravel bike and still being ridden, the owner even taking it over The Edge Loop in Fruita, CO last weekend. Great Minds
schwinnfence.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back