schwinn and x53

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the shcwinn panther from a frind for some metal werk on his vw bus and the western flyer x53 from a swapmeet. I no its a long shoght but i need half a tank and a chain gard??? :lol:
1280202224-1.jpg

1280202224.jpg

1280202229.jpg

1280202222.jpg

1280202223.jpg

Rustinkerer said:
Half tanks do turn up on ebay, if you're patient enough to wait! Could take a few years! :mrgreen: -Adam

Business opportunity. Buy all the half tanks that come up on the Bay for way cheap, you eventually get the other half for way cheap, then sell the complete tank for big bucks :lol:

Nice scores, but I would humbly suggest you part that X-53 out and save yourself the agony. Trying to find that half tank and headlight will be insane and will cost $$$$$$$. better to sell the numerous parts you already have there for a few hundred at least and move on.

Yes, I have been there with a couple of X-53's, and done that! :wink:

"Use the Force, Luke. Resist the temptation...."

GTCOMA said:
Just replace the tank and use the half for a wall hanging. Maybe you can get lucky with this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/50s-WESTERN-FLYER-X ... 3a5d84e866

2nd that. best route. ive seen schwinn halves pop up now and again but i think you have better odds of getting struck by lightening while reading a winning lotto ticket then you do finding half a x53 tank.

Thanks gtcoma i found that last night to but i am a cheep a%$ and have a few years to try to find a half or i might stamp out some repops. I can pay all the set up fees for whut that will go for.

higgins said:
Thanks gtcoma i found that last night to but i am a cheep a%$ and have a few years to try to find a half or i might stamp out some repops. I can pay all the set up fees for whut that will go for.

Are you serious? A set of dies to stamp out the other half of that tank would cost you $10,000.00 minimum. :shock: Gary

Latest posts

Back