Schwinn and Electra integrated kickstand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I want to renew the kickstand of my Schwinn bike, but because I live in germany, it's near to impossible to get original Schwinn parts. I wanted to ask if someone know, if the parts from the Electra integrated kickstand (like cam, spring and so on) will fit the Schwinn kickstand housing.

Last edited:
Hello, I want to renew the kickstand of my Schwinn bike, but because I live in germany, it's near to impossible to get original Schwinn parts. I wanted to ask if someone know, if the parts from the Electra integrated kickstand (like cam, spring and so on) will fit the Schwinn kickstand housing.
Yes, they are exactly same, it would work. Make sure you get the same length though, they make different ones.

Yes, they are exactly same, it would work. Make sure you get the same length though, they make different ones.
Thank you Starnger. Do you know if the Electra kickstand spring has the same amount of pressure like the Schwinn spring? It looks like they are different.

Thank you Starnger. Do you know if the Electra kickstand spring has the same amount of pressure like the Schwinn spring? It looks like they are different.
I neither know if they are designed same, nor i have measured them. What i can tell is that i have successfully swapped them and they remained functional. I also could not feel a significant pressure difference in operation. The new kickstand became more smooth, but i believe it is caused by changing the old grease for the new clean one. Same happens even when putting the same kickstand back after some cleaning.

I neither know if they are designed same, nor i have measured them. What i can tell is that i have successfully swapped them and they remained functional. I also could not feel a significant pressure difference in operation. The new kickstand became more smooth, but i believe it is caused by changing the old grease for the new clean one. Same happens even when putting the same kickstand back after some cleaning.
Thank you for the informations.

I can second that they are interchangeable and work, I didn't notice any difference in the spring tension either.

Thanks, but I think I will use Electra parts, they are easy to buy in germany. :)
Hello if they are easy to buy in Germany can you please help me with some links for my Electra Staight 8 I would need: chainguard, fatti-o tires but with whitewall or who can paint them? Grips for the gripshift and the pedals. I could buy a second hand and now start to bring it first back to his once glory and glam.. then we see.

Hello if they are easy to buy in Germany can you please help me with some links for my Electra Staight 8 I would need: chainguard, fatti-o tires but with whitewall or who can paint them? Grips for the gripshift and the pedals. I could buy a second hand and now start to bring it first back to his once glory and glam.. then we see.
The original chain guard doesn't seem to be available any more, but you can always ask Karim at Custom Cruisers Zwolle if he has a used one.
If you are okay with a copy, then this one should fit (polish shop).
White wall Fatti-o's are becoming unicorns, and lately are almost impossible to get. People are asking 100 euros and more for a one in good condition. The easiest way to get them is to buy the whole bike and sell the rest. If you are willing to go that way to get them - here is an example of such a bike. From what i know there is no way to paint a white wall that would end up as nice and durable as factory made, but i may be wrong.
What kind of grips do you want exactly? What color? You may check with the shops i have mentioned above, also ebay and classic-cycle.de, but if you need something specific they don't have - let me know, i take a look for you.

There is an Straight8 chain guard for sale, hurry up to get it if you want!
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...kettenschutz-straight8-3i/1719437705-217-4291

Latest posts

Back