schwinn and dyno

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked these up today. havent dated either yet. guessin the gt dyno compe is early 90's. and the schwinn im thinkin maybe 40's-50's. has a sweetheart skiptooth drive. i have a persons seat off a bf goodrich baged schwinn. does that look like a schwinn rear rack? and it had no stem or bars so we pulled this one off another schwinn he had. he said this one is a odd premium style. id has two slits on each side and a non wedged bolt. stinks someone cut the front fender :(. anybody got any news on these? also he had a ratty bicycle i wanna get off him. i can remember the name tho. i know i saw one on here somewhere. the frame looked similar to this schwinn and it had a tank. the badge said "thunderjet" or "jetbolt" or something of that nature. if anyone can think of what it might be, im all ears :D. thanks!

bmx001.jpg

bmx002.jpg

bmx003.jpg

bmx004.jpg

i think the rack is an aftermarket, i had the same rack on a 59 wasp. i'll bet someone wanted the front light and cut the fender. cool project. i have an old dx i'm working on restoring. i'd guess that dyno is more like 88-90.

Metal Miltia said:
i think the rack is an aftermarket, i had the same rack on a 59 wasp. i'll bet someone wanted the front light and cut the fender. cool project. i have an old dx i'm working on restoring. i'd guess that dyno is more like 88-90.

think this one might be a dx? he had a few more schwinn straight bars. i noticed on this one the center bar has a slight curve to it and the others he had were completely straight.

it was a thunderjet. i just looked at it again today. does anyone have any info on these? i did a search but only found more 60's eraish thunderjets. this one has a slightly curved straight bar with a full tank. looks like 50's is. the frame is complete rust, not rot, but rust. its just frame, tank, fork and bars. wish i had a pic. roughly without seeing the bike what would a reasonable price to toss at him be? thanks!

Latest posts

Back