School me on Bantams please ***PHOTOS!!!!!***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lovely little wife just picked up a red girls Bantam and I'd like to learn more about them please. I'll post picks later today. It aprears to be a 60's model with banna seat, sissy bar, apes and ducktail fenders. It has Bantam on the chain gourd but it seems to have Stingray items on it.

Re: School me on Bantams please

sounds like someone swapped the chainguard. the bantams were equipped like a middleweight, full fenders, reg. seat, and cruiser bars. post up the serial # and pic.

It's a May '66. The grips are red sparkle Troll dolls. Anyone ever seen these?

Got any pics, I know my Bantams :wink:

iconworthless.gif

My little girls each have a Bantam. I'm pretty sure the frames are slightly smaller than the average 20" bike. My older girl started riding hers when she was 4 without training wheels. My 3-year-old's Bantam is blue.

JLpD

The Bantam was made for kids, and you could change it to a girls or a boys bike :wink: There not to valueable because there a dime a dozen and is a 20in :) It's originally suppose to look like dogdart's :| Hope this helps ya!
Nick 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
The Bantam was made for kids, and you could change it to a girls or a boys bike :wink: There not to valueable because there a dime a dozen and is a 20in :) It's originally suppose to look like dogdart's :| Hope this helps ya!
Nick 8)

I don't see anywhere a top bar could have been mounted on it.

The bantam is not a Stingray, yours has been luckily customized.

It is equipped with balloon tires.

The top bar mounting brackets on the Bantam are pretty thin and could have been removed.

You can see one of the mounting brackets at the bottom of the saddle tube, just upon the N of Bantam.
They can slip on their tube.
Both are similar, the second one behind the head is just white on mine.

5107455831_079448455b_o.jpg

5089638585_efe0efa0ca_z.jpg

The first Bantam appears in the 1960 catalog.
The last one I found is in the 1984 catalog, Trfindley and I don't go further...
It has been manufactured discontinuously (at least) 24 years, but in 1984 it seemed a little old fashioned beside the Manta-ray (a kid BMX at that time).
The Bantam has always been a "serious" kid cruiser.

1960_01.JPG

1970_38.jpg

1980_40.JPG

The Bantam I have had a banana seat I thought was original, but I replaced it and the old one is long gone.

The cross bar has the bracket mounts. The brackets only wrap around the frame's tubing.

Latest posts

Back