Schark -finished-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Put name to Schark because its what it is, if a schwinn and a monark had a baby this is what it would look like. and because Glen said it would be a good name. lol

With alot of things I do. Ihave no real idea what ill be making or how it will look. kinda just find a bunch or random things and start attaching. i've made some bizzar looking things in the past. I nave no real plan or goal of what it will look like. I do however know this. its gonna be ....... I've got all kinds of parts. odd things i've been holding onto. so lets see where it will go.

Heres what i'll be useing. I bought it the other week because it seemed like a good candidate.

started with this Schwinn. I think the age is 1963. one of the parts had a date on it.

Finished product. I was gonna do more but I am actualy happy with it the way it is.

Re: MysteryRoller

Looking forward to the mystery unravelling as you go!

So today im working on it. I went to the store and looked at the selection of colors, This one seemed to stand out and I actualy dig this color. looks fairly nice. plus saves me from buying tires because I can work with what I got, but who knows I might proberly buy tires anyway lol

Its a matalic color named Burnt copper

Primed frame and fork waiting for paint.

Frame and fork with first coat on. nice hot day to bake it aswell lol.

Done for today. heres a picture of it as it sits currently

Todays progress. it was not much but its something. just seeing what looks neat on it.

Definitely looks neat to me!

Re: RedTastic

So today I did alittle more work on it, took it for a ride. Rides very awesome. Just thinking of a front brake leaver and a few other main attachments then time for accesorys!

So Im thinking about adding a chainguard and Fenders. give it that nice look

that could be cool maybe red in color? :wink:

Troy

ncie looking redness going on there! Maybe rename it "High Plains Drifter"? :wink:

I've been abit busy lately so not much time to play with it, I also hurt my back. I plan on adding fenders for it. So drifter may not be suitable, Ill see anyway.

So yeah. Went, bought another can of paint and derped. I never noticed it wasn't same color. but the name was the same. But whatever lol. looks alright... right? Lol

Had some random monark stuff laying around and figured why not. Should be named the Schwinark

Hmm thems some neat ones. I remove that drub wheel, it was causing issues with the arms on the drum and the monark fork. I might just use a coasterbrake wheel on front. maybe just leave it as it is. the rear brake works fairly good. i also have to fix the rear fender still, it looks odd because the spacing. also gotta find a suitable chainguard and start decking this out. I may use one of them name for it though.

Decided to just put the schwinn guard back on since it fit and canadian parts don't like american ones in that way. lol. added two roller bells and two mirrors, a rack and a mudflap. Its almost done.

I rode it to work. what a ride, best riding cruiser I've got, the 3 speed coaster brake is also awesome, sturmey archer makes the best internal gear system!.

Re: RedTastic -almost finished-

Gold Street Customs said:
WOW !! Beauty Eh!!!

+1, Eh!

Re: RedTastic -almost finished-

AWESOME!! AND I DON'T JUST HAND THEM OUT LIKE MINTOS!! PEACE

Latest posts

Back