SaltHammer Savannah Sand Flats Silver King 1935 - FINISHED THREAD - 4th Place

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Last edited:

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
FINAL PARTS LIST
Thanks a ton to all the people that fabricated or sold the items I used for SaltHammer
I had a blast making all of this cool stuff work together to bring some Kingfishiness to this beautiful frame.

- 1935 Monark Silver King frame - thanks to @joel.romeo.79 and @piercer99 for the leads
- Custom made Mark IV handlebars - thanks to @karfer67 of Patina Kustoms.
- Custom mega laidback floating nanner seatpost - thanks to @slowriderz of Chop Shop Customz
- Triple Ducktail Shleby 52A fenders - thanks to @yeshoney
- Gaskill's Hop Shop JC Higgins rack (converted into a tank) - thanks to @gaskill via @A.S.BOLTNUT
- Red Glitter nanner seat - thanks to @Ichoptop
- Zepellin chainguard - thanks to @American Vintage Bicycle Supply
- Moon wheel discs - thanks to @highwheelerboy25
- Thickslick 26x2 tires - thanks to @highwheelerboy25
- Jeweled 1920s-30s motorcycle headlight and stem bracket - thanks to gtdohn on the CABE
- Chrome seltzer bottle top half (used as front section of headlight) - yard sale
- Antique salt shaker caps (used as racktank reflectors) - ebay
- Vintage stopwatch - eBay
- Brick red Schwinn grips - craigslist bike
- Braided stainless tubing sleeve (used for handlebar covers) - Amazon
- Primo fat platform pedals - yard sale bike

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2014
WOW--super looking car--I mean great job on the photos of the car--you really did a superb job on your build all the way through, even. You the crazy curve in the middle, but you recovered in no less than outstanding form--Prost!

Sep 7, 2014
Columbus OH
Love the way you whipped this baby together. Some of these last minute changes were quite shocking to me but you've really got a cool look going on. Love it! :inlove:

Great photos as usual too. +you've made me feel lax in my polishing. Top notch work on that. :)

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
I had missed the stopwatch placement, polishing of the salt caps, etc. Nice blend of polished and worn look. I like how your tank, seat, and bars/headlamp seem to be floating against that summer sky in your first pic.....
This is my favorite pic in the bunch. Looks fast, tough, and sleek....
kingfishentry.jpg

Another solid KF build! Well done my friend! :41:

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
I had missed the stopwatch placement, polishing of the salt caps, etc. Nice blend of polished and worn look. I like how your tank, seat, and bars/headlamp seem to be floating against that summer sky in your first pic.....
This is my favorite pic in the bunch. Looks fast, tough, and sleek....
View attachment 30727

Another solid KF build! Well done my friend! :41:
Thanks buddy!
This was my favorite photo too, but I wasn't sure if it showed the bike as well for voting.
What do you think?

Reactions: piercer99

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
As I said before, this is undeniably a Kingfish build! I could easily pick it out of a line up!:D Even with the setbacks and limited time, you've done it again! Congrats.