Saints and Sinners

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, since I don't belive my newly purchased Uncle Stretch Colson will qualify as a factory frame w/ no modifying, I will be using a tandem frame I have laying around.It is a blatant rippoff.... err I mean inspired by this bike on CL. Probably black and red w/ apes in the front and white and gold in the rear.
tandem.jpg

Thats cool! I was thinking about doing something like that so my girlfriend would come along with me on cruises. i dig the name too!

I had thought about a dual themed bike like this but was unsure how it would turn out. This picture changed my mind. I think I will keep everything matching. I should get some pics up of mine in the next few days.

Finally got around to digging out parts from the pile.Started putting them together last night. AAARRGGGHHH, what a nightmare. Nothing fit,couldnt find parts,tools or a break.Came to the PC last night and was going to withdrawl my entry,but decided to wait till morn. and see if me and the bike had better attitudes.I was so mad last night that I vowed I would not spend one dime on the bike as punishment,(told ya I was upset) Things went together a little better today . Here is a very rough mock up. If I can figure out the derailer stuff it will be a 5 speed.I intend to make the 2nd pic into a headbadge. :x :shock: 8) The rear apes are set up like that because I could not attach them to the front seatpost.The couple that I am giving the bike to are shorter and the seats need to be down. Adj. will be made.
rrbo3001.jpg

sands.jpg

Harley! i'm lovin' it! Keep going....

I like how the rear apes have an angularity to them that aims/suggests how high the front apes should be....where your eye wants them to continue....and sure enough, there they are! Combine that with the angles in the frame and you have got a great ride shaping up.

...worth the fight.....and then "YES"....you can go play with your "Uncle Stretch Colson Clone" :mrgreen:

Well I am officially withdrawing my entry in the buildoff. My heart is just not into it, I don't like the bike, its hard to ride /w the straight bar in front it is hard to get on and off.It is just not practical as a rider.I am however stoked about working on the Uncle Stretch Colson Clone and finishing the mountain bike turned rat. I got my Nexus 3 speed hub on a black Kustom Kruiser rim , runnin 26 x 3.0 Kenda Flame on rear and 2.125 in front. Just picked them up today.I will be watching the RRBO 3 from the sidelines which is fine by me. There are some fantastic looking bikes being built and voting will be difficult as usual. Keep up the great work!!! I will start a thread soon on the Uncle Stretch clone in bike builds. The tandem frame is probably doomed to be hacked up, it has some very large frame tubes which could be the spine for a future burrito bike :wink: 8) :lol:
Good Luck To All !!!!

( Admin. feel free to delete this thread in a day or so if you want :wink: )

sorry to hear that youre out :cry:
i saw that you could change your frame once...........and since you didnt make that frame itd be cool with me(probably the majority too) if you built the uncle stretch frame(i say if it was purchased that way its a 'factory' frame!!)
if its going to upset people though you could do what hooch did in the first build off and build it in this thread and just not submit it in the voting

Change the frame! ........I haven't even STARTED yet! I don't plan on starting until July...Come on, change it! Do the Colson Clone. :)

I didn't start with the Colson frame because I figured it fell under the category of altered frames, and I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.I would be extremely happy if it could be entered, but I understand if it can't. The best part is either way its gonna get built :wink: I quess I should ask the powers that be for a desicion.Like I said I'm just happy to be building a bike I really want, so its all good 8)

Well Steve..........(drumroll).......Can the Colson Clone frame be entered ???
0WH4ZLCAZ3L8V5CA3ZLQ73CAFASAOZCAUPH.jpg

Hmmm...yeah, tough call.

I'd have to say not since it was a custom built frame and several others probably would have built a frame from scratch if they could have.

Of course, you didn't create it...you just bought it that way....and they were going to be massed produced, ha ha!

You could always build it and disqualify yourself from the judging.

Honestly I'd like to see it built up too, but.... :?: :?: :?:

tikiharl said:
How about this?? I will build it and keep it in this thread and just take it out of the voting........ unless.... :?: :?: :?: LOL 8) :lol:

Hope you can enter it!......I'm NOT gonna vote for ya, :lol:......I promise!

Latest posts

Back