S.H.C.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cool name pending for now. :lol:
This will be a fast one unlike most of my other stuff.
Oh.
Yeah, picture.
IMG_0124-1.jpg

ilike.jpg

:p

Sorry. :oops:
Nothing crazy. I just meant that when I start this frame it'll be a week-month build unlike most of my stuff that I drag out for a year or so. :lol:
As for the "I like where...." picture, It's just that all my threads go downhill fast. I live in the central valley(Yuba City to be exact) so I have no hills to bomb, but I would if they were around.
Sorry for the confusion and the misunderstandings.
I should get around to starting this one this coming Thursday after I get back from taking my AmStaff to her Chemo treatment.

First 2 bends:
IMG_0088-1.jpg

More to go.
Don't have a rear hub for this since I used it for my son's newest bike,so now I need to scrounge up another nexus 3 as well as, a seat of some sort. Good news is I have the color(s) picked out already! :lol:

Kingzebba1 said:
Nice welding table! looks new! 8)
Just noticed that myself... Pretty envious... Getting sick of the piece of mdf thrown over an old packing crate that I am using...

Luke.

Ha! I get more comments about my tools :lol: The compressor isn't that great, it's just a 60 gal. single stage I picked up about 14 years ago. The welding table I made I think 2 years ago when i got tired of kneeling on the floor(since my work bench is wood and attached to the shop wall. I was scared I would burn the place down!). Just scrape them off each night after use and lightly oil every few months and they'll stay around for a really long time.
Anyhow. Slight progress tonight:
IMG_0139-2.jpg

and picked up some tubing for the forks at lunch today:
IMG_0140.jpg

Yes, the pictures are intentionally blurry.
Found a replacement hub also and our new bike shop is a Brooks dealer so I'll probably get a seat from them. Now I just need to figure out if the forks will be threaded or threadless and what steer tube size. Good thing I figured out the colors a long time before this was started! :lol:

Dude! way cooler than the junk I'm sticking together. I need to be over here.
I could let all the cuts I have gotten so far heal and enjoy a real build. :wink:

Peatbog: I used leather glove so when they get wet and then dry I don't have to true them! They do it automatically! :p
kram: Nope this is a different one. The one you scaled up for me was the one I did for my kid:
IMG_0038_zpse2d360ce.jpg

Build thread is HERE if you're interested. I may still build one for me when he outgrows it but for now he has the only one in existence.
I'm still waiting to see those clubman bars on something also!
I know the T has probably taken most of your time and cash but when you can.
Well not much to post since my camera and welding hood have both taken a dump on me. I did get all my bends all done and started notching, so this weekend I'll bring my hood from work home and get it tacked and post some progress. Sorry for the lame update but it's all I can do(for tonight). :x

I watched your the build for your son and it came out great, I thought maybe this was the big version. The build you are doing now it turning out great. If anybody needs metal work done I highly recommend Sensor!

Those cafe bars are still going on my scooter. That project just got pushed back a bit. I've been working on the T and I picked up a '57 f100 this fall. The main problem is I decided to build myself an art studio to work out of, so the garage is full of building materials and I can't even get to the scooter right now, lol. The studio is almost done so then I will start focusing on other projects again, but it doesn't help that our highs are in the low teens right now.

Good luck with the studio, truck, T, and everything else! When the kid can't ride his anymore I'll do the big version but until then it'll stay only 20".
I guess I better post something so it doesn't seem like I let this die.
IMG_0015-1.jpg

I did get further along than that but didn't feel like taking pictures yet.
The weld on the seat/bottom tube has been metal finished and I got the mid and top tubes rough notched but I dont want to weld them in until I set my fork height so everything is even when it's on the ground. Amazingly enough I even got all my spokes cut and rolled down and my rear wheel laced so I can double check my chainline when I get my chainwheel.
Boy I'm glad I had my paint picked out before I started! :lol:

Not much of an update but I didn't have a chainwheel at that point, but thanks to CCR, this is back on the move again. :mrgreen:
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

Not too much further than that right now, but it will be shortly. It isn't going as fast as I'd like but if money isn't involved I don't have the same sense of urgency. :roll:

Latest posts

Back