Rusty's Trusty Tweezer Trick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This idea may not be ground-breaking to some builders, but I've yet to meet one who's owned a set. After repacking several groups of loose pedal bearings, I resolved to create a tool that wouldn't shoot those tiny bastages across the room--here is my result.
tweeze.jpg

Carefully drill out a 3/32" hole at the tip of a pair of duckbill tweezers. One need not penetrate the blade completely. As long as there is a 3/32" divot on the inner face of the blades, it will securely grip any of the five sizes of shiny spheres (1/8" - 1/4") commonly used on bicycles. This just might be the best 78 cents I spent this weekend.

Pure genius...
I'm just waiting for uncle Rico to step out of Val Kilmers closet now.

Good call, ill be making a set of these. Just did a set of pedals, all went well except I put swapped the pedal bodies left for right. :13:

Oh well they ride nice im not tearing them back down.

This idea may not be ground-breaking to some builders, but I've yet to meet one who's owned a set. After repacking several groups of loose pedal bearings, I resolved to create a tool that wouldn't shoot those tiny bastages across the room--here is my result.
View attachment 59754
Carefully drill out a 3/32" hole at the tip of a pair of duckbill tweezers. One need not penetrate the blade completely. As long as there is a 3/32" divot on the inner face of the blades, it will securely grip any of the five sizes of shiny spheres (1/8" - 1/4") commonly used on bicycles. This just might be the best 78 cents I spent this weekend.

great trick!

Latest posts

Back