Rusty Sears Screamer Hunt Is Over - NANNER PUDDIN (Frame Build has Begun)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rusty Sears Screamer Hunt Is Over - Free at Last

I don't have any plans for BO8 with this one. I actually left this one in my bike stash.

I should have tested the Spoiler fork on it!
This will probably be a fall project.

I know, mine will be a build off bike. I will still be tuned into your build whenever it happens.

outskirtscustoms said:
I know, mine will be a build off bike. I will still be tuned into your build whenever it happens.

Thanks buddy, I can't wait to see what you do with that super cool flying wedge muscle bike frame! Less than 30 days to go.

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Thanks buddy, I can't wait to see what you do with that super cool flying wedge muscle bike frame! Less than 30 days to go.

I can't wait. I have all the parts laid out ready to go together and I've been really fighting the urge to start on it. I'm going to go look for paint tomorrow so hopefully I can find something to pull off the look I want.

Congrats, I'm glad to hear it came apart pretty easily for ya.

I like the idea of stretching the rear triangle, it's geometry should make it rather easy.
The Spoiler fork would look CRAZY cool with that frame!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Cheers,
Dr.T

Now that there is a Screamer about to be chopped in the Anything Goes class of BO8, I don't feel so bad about my plans for this rusty Screamer.
Also as part of a recent discussion about Nanners, I came up with the name for my future Screamer build.
NANNER PUDDIN

Saw and participated in this discussion on the MegaPixieRay thread and had to share it here.
Only on RRB could there be a discussion on the correct slang to use for a banana seat. :D
Part of what makes this community so cool!
I think I have found the name for my Screamer build. "Nanner Puddin"

kingfish254 said:
dracothered said:
kingpin said:
fwiw its a nana seat.....a nanner seat would be a seat for your grand mother :)

however its spelt...its cool as heck
Sorry but I have to disagree with you nana is your grandma and nanner is a banana

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nana
nana

what i call my granny
hey nana what's up how u doin?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nanner

nanner

An awesome way of saying banana.
I like to eat nanners at lunch every day.

Now this is funny, a discussion on the correct slang to use for a banana seat.
Only on RRB!
I'll keep saying nanner, because banana seats are as cool as nanner puddin and nilla wafers.
NANNER NANNER BOO BOO (not to be confused with Honey Boo Boo)

Getting this Black Floyd to possibly end up on my Nanner Puddin Screamer build.
10241_zpsa36bcf1c.jpg

10247_zps5797a10c.jpg

MplsCoaster said:
Black Floyd on a Screamer? :shock: 8) Can't wait...

I plan to cut the back section of the frame and extend the upper seat stays and the chainstays to make it more of an adult sized frame. I'm thinking I will widen it at the same time. The problem will be gears. You gotta have gears and a shifter, and there aren't many options with a 4" wide rim, so I make mount the Floyd on a narrower rim. I still don't have any clue as to when this project will start. I am guessing maybe sometime in 2014. But the Black Floyd, just seams like it out to be part of an adult sized Screamer!!!!

I am also thinking that my Schwinn Spoiler springer will look great on this if change out the head tube for something with a bit more rake to it.
209.jpg

All original Barn Find right there! Love the build ideas! lol :D

RailRider said:
All original Barn Find right there! Love the build ideas! lol :D

It came from Florida, so it was more like a Boat Shed find, which explains a lot of the rust!

I bought one of these for my Nanner Puddin Screamer build.
I plan to unlace it and use it on a Beast rim with my Black Floyd.
It has a wide body Sturmey Archer SX-RB3 3 speed hub. It doesn't have the shifter, cog, and other parts, but it's a good deal on the hub alone.
KGrHqZHJCYFIb3y20FBSN4Ff5qZw60_57_zpse507db85.jpg

c1run1 said:
I remember i posted a pic some where of a purple screamer some one built with one of those Shwinn wide wheels on it ...

I posted it here on RRB when it was on ebay. It was super cool. You should also check out "Anger Management" from Build Off 8.
My build is gonna be different. I'm not putting any puny 20" wheel on my Screamer. I plan to stretch and widen the rear end and use a 26 x 4 rear wheel with a big honkin Black Floyd tire.

LukeTheJoker said:
Cant wait to see it happen King!

Luke.

Thanks Luke, Still very much in hunter gatherer mode. I really don't expect to start any "building" on it until sometime next year.

Latest posts

Back