Rust never sleeps :8/21 update ... sort of

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rust never sleeps : Update 7/13

Some of us put together HotRods, This is a RatRod in EVERY sense of the word. NICE!

Yeah, did the more hot rod inspired build for RBBO2 figued I'd try to go as rust rod inspired as possible this time.

Well had to break down and buy a part, after trying to mix and match seat clamps from 4 or 5 different seats flat rail and single rail to get an old seat to fit gave up just didn't have the right mix of parts, just binned a 7/8 to 5/8 post, $13 not too bad I guess. The layback didn't look right anyway.

Your bike is a 1936 or 37 Roadmaster, after 37' they moved the top tubes farther apart. As you can see I am quite fond of the design.
DSC_3425.jpg

Thanks for the info I'm fond of this style frame also, I have a Colson and CWC style like your one in the foreground.

Re: Rust never sleeps : Update 7/22 pos

Got the new 7/8 to 5/8 seatpost fits perfect.

IMG_0771.jpg

Couple of shots with bike mostly together

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Possible new name "Mickey Rat" underground comic from high school, been experimenting with making a magnetic badge from these sheets made for business cards

IMG_0780.jpg

Re: Rust never sleeps :7/22

Took Rusty out for a ride tonight during our latest Thursday night Cruise Night looking for some fellow rats. Not much to add, still looking for a suitable and cheap rear light to be night time booze, I mean cruise legal. Left pedal developed a rusty squeak.

IMG_0799.jpg

Wanted to get a pic with this one but he took off real quick, I don't think he was night time legal either
IMG_0791.jpg

Beer tap shifter on top of welded chain, very cramped

IMG_0793.jpg

Full Throttle Paint & Body
IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Your bike fits right in, with that crowd.

Latest posts

Back