Rules For Scratch Built READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'BUILT FROM SCRATCH' started by Uncle Stretch, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

In order to qualify for a scratch built bike, you have to build it complete. If you use the head tube and bottom bracket from a built bike, that is acceptable, but you have to build the frame. That includes the back triangle. If you post a picture of your build and don't start something within a reasonable time, then your post will be moved to bike talk. When you actually start building a frame, then you can repost. It is also open to any medium you choose to use. This forum was formed to let the people that can scratch build a frame, show off their talents. Thank you

trailer trash customs likes this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i hear ya US it can eek ya when someone doesn't grasp the meaning of a term :lol:

3. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Good call :wink:

4. stretch

stretch

is it ok if i chop up old bikes and re-arrange everything so it looks completely one-off? :mrgreen:

5. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

Kind of a hard call. If you want to build a scratch built bike with tubes from another bike or bikes , then that acceptable. If you want to chop up a couple frames and weld them back together as a burrito or something using the parts that are already welded together , then no. You can do that in the build section.

6. chevelle68

chevelle68

Am I able to post in this section if I built a custom frame with a motor in it?
    Thanks.. JR

G-Matt likes this.
  7. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

Yes . It dosen't matter if you have a motor or not , as long as the frame that you build is from scratch.

8. ChoppedMinx

ChoppedMinx

Is it ok to use a ready made front fork (that has been modified;-)