RRBBO16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1619927132280.png

30 builds after the first day.

Okay, I've changed my mind; I won't be participating in this year's Build Off. I still have multiple bike projects that I've started yet haven't finished. While I have a decent amount of expendable cash thanks to Christmas, my birthday, and selling stuff I no longer wanted/needed, I doubt I have enough to finish those bikes and start another project. So, I'm taking care of all the current projects first. I'll save this bike for a later date when I can justify starting another project. In the meantime, I'll just cheer on everybody else and follow their builds.

Okay, I've changed my mind; I won't be participating in this year's Build Off. I still have multiple bike projects that I've started yet haven't finished. While I have a decent amount of expendable cash thanks to Christmas, my birthday, and selling stuff I no longer wanted/needed, I doubt I have enough to finish those bikes and start another project. So, I'm taking care of all the current projects first. I'll save this bike for a later date when I can justify starting another project. In the meantime, I'll just cheer on everybody else and follow their builds.
Bummer you won't be joining in. Looks like you're only a front wheel away from a rust rod. Hit it with boiled linseed oil and build it with found items, lotsa potential.

Bummer you won't be joining in. Looks like you're only a front wheel away from a rust rod. Hit it with boiled linseed oil and build it with found items, lotsa potential.
There's always next time. It really wouldn't take much to make it functional, but I want to make it FUNctional. I was able to mockup parts between yesterday and today, and I was fortunately able to figure out what I want to do with this bike as a result. I don't really want to share pictures of my mockups right now, as I want to make it a surprise when I get around to building it. But hey, if enough people ask to see what I had planned for my postponed Build Off entry, I guess I could share a picture or two.

Jake and his family have been dealing with covid, so send out your strongest good vibes and prayers their way.
But he said GTB (Get Ta Buildin for the newbies).
He shall return.
Peace

40 builds after 4 days

We officially have enough builds in Class 1 to constitute the status of 'page 2 slacker'. :21:
Last year one of the new builders asked me what that was, exactly? I gave him the joking reference to someone who hasn't been keeping up with the posts of their thread, and thus they 'slipped' off page 1 where all the action is. He enjoyed that!

50 BUILDS IN 7 DAYS

Hey Steve (@Rat Rod ) , Is there going to be a Build Off 16 shirt this year?

WE NOW HAVE

1620873040205.png

BUILDS!!!!

Latest posts

Back