RRBBO - Montgomery Ward's "Iron Ghost"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...., I dont know where to begin. how about here.... THANKS!

really, thanks guys. I am totally blown away by how this has turned out. I really like all of your work with these old/new bikes. This is really rewarding hobby to get into(even though its more than a hobby.) CONGRATS TO EVERYONE.

AntonyR said:
You should keep an eye out for a drop stand if you're gonna keep the ears on the rear drop-outs. It would be a nice touch...
yeah, the only thing about that is since I trashed the old fenders, I would have to find a way to support the stand when I am riding. BUT I think I am going to use the ears to attach a music trailer that matches the bike. That should be fun.

Rat Rod said:
Congrats RBR!

Now take some of the winnings and go pay a welder to fix your handlebars and truss rods...ha ha....oh wait, there was no money involved. :roll:

Maybe he'll take a T-Shirt in trade. :wink:

BTW...PM me with your address also....need to send your Large RRB shirt out.

Steve
thanks man! yeah I need to do something a little more permanent on the truss rods... I definitely will be keeping this bike around. I need to just invest in a good welder, I can't even imagine the stuff I could start doing with that.

Does anybody know about how much it would be to get some of these parts chrome plated (nothing more that the crank and some of the bolts and bearing cups)

Anyways, thanks again. I still look up to you guys, I look forward to learning new tricks and trades. Now everybody get out and go cruising! the warm weather is almost here!

Congratulations!!
raised by robots said:
Does anybody know about how much it would be to get some of these parts chrome plated (nothing more that the crank and some of the bolts and bearing cups)

Chroming can be pretty expensive. I believe most places charge a minimum so make sure you go in with at least enough parts to cover the minimum.
I once just needed a single sprocket chromed but the minimum was $50. I took along another sprocket and crank and got them all done for the $50.

Congrats on the win :D Very cool Rat, love the colors on the bike.
Good job, very well done :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back