RRBBO - Montgomery Ward's "Iron Ghost"

Jan 30, 2007
TN, U.S.
Multipass said:
Nice job! You nailed the hot rod look for this bike perfectly.

Your eerily blue tailight has a real steampunk vibe to it (that's a good thing)

Now I wonder if you could work this bike into your portfolio somehow?

-Mp
thanks man. yeah, steampunk is really interesting. I need some aviator goggles and a bomber jacket

Ha, I could roll in this big old bike for every portfolio review I have. It would be great to see someone in business attire riding this, or any other, RRBBO bike...

Jan 30, 2007
TN, U.S.
man, thanks a lot guys. Its so great to hear positive feedback. I was so close to not posting on this site because I didn't consider my stuff good enough... but everybody on here is great! THANKS!

But I should be done soon, so you can see some finished pics in the finished bikes thread.... maybe a video too. I bought a thin steel rod from the hardware store and made my own seat crashrail, it worked out pretty well. Im also working on a bobbed rear fender.
cheers~

Sep 27, 2006
Upstate NY
RBR,

The bike came out great. The fact that has a skip tooth drive train really gives it that vintage look/feel.

I love the color combo too.

\m/ \m/

62H

cman

Dec 4, 2006
Boise,ID
That bike looks great. Paint, access. and all. The bars look like the old prewar handlebars. A crossbrace would be perfect.

raised by robots said:
man, thanks a lot guys. Its so great to hear positive feedback. I was so close to not posting on this site because I didn't consider my stuff good enough... but everybody on here is great! THANKS! = quote]

Everyone is their own critic RBR. I myself suffer from that too as well as most all the people on this site too (well prolly not the MAD SKILLZ guy). :) The thing I have learned with building stuff in general cars, bikes, etc. is the people who have a big head about stuff they do usually don't have the best work and are just a bunch of talk. I like your style RBR and your bike looks really cool and I would ride it anyday. Keep up the good work. Troy

Jan 30, 2007
TN, U.S.
Its done! I think I am done with this bike, atleast for now. The last thing I've done was a homemade crashrail, and I put on a bobbed rear fender.

I bought a steel rod from a hardware store then bent and shaped it to fit my seat pan.

it really completes the look of the bike, im happy with the results.

here is the fender

I took it for a longer ride today... everything is doing great, but the front wheel needs to be re-spoked or something. It is a bit uneven right now, but you cant feel it untill you get to a faster speed.

Jan 30, 2007
TN, U.S.
Its official... im done! I took it out the other day to take some photos, and I am pleased with the way the bike looks. Thanks for the inspiration guys. This was my first bike that I totally rebuilt, and the first time I repainted an entire bike. The only thing I see myself doing later is touching up some paint. BUT I really do want to do something else with those fender brackets I left on the rear axles.... I think I am going to make a trailer with a portable stereo in it!

here are some of the pics

cheers~ happy cruising