RRBBO - Katrina

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found my grips! they're from some 70's womens bike i parted out a long time ago. I never thought id use them because of the odd brown they are, but alas they fit my color scheme/theme, which i'll keep secret until i'm closer to the end! they also have a neat pattern!

IMAG0184.jpg

so i started the stripping on the forks, man that stuff is THIIIIICKKK. i can see white under the red so im pretty sure its paint and not powderoat.

this might take 40 cans of stripper ugh.

I like whatcha did with the bars on this bike.. Look good short

yeah i may still have my harbor frieght card, have to look.

i read the can again and it says it will work best if i leave if on for 12 hours, so i tried that and it worked pretty well!

here's a pic of the forks being stripped!

IMAG0185.jpg

okay heres the forks stripped sanded, but still need some touchup/finish sanding. soon to be primered!!

also i spent about an hour on the wheel and tire. cleaned it all up, got it looking newish. added the skull valve cap and valve stem cover. not sure yet if its gonna stay like this.

IMAG0199.jpg

i LOVE these tires. the original ones that came with the bike.

they have a logo on them that looks like OST or ST or something similar?

the size is 26 x 2.125

been cleaning and rebuilding the back wheel/chainwheel/hub/whatever.

it's amazing how much crap gets built up on those things in just a few years.

im a perfectionist so ive been on it for about an hour and a half, and im only halfway done.

can someone say "colon-like"?

haha.

well, the person who put the bike together put the bearings in backwards on the wheels, so they're all messed up, and on the coaster setup they shoved the spring inside the "brake cone" so hard its all bent and messed up.

i hate idiots.

well im starting to lean towards im not gonna get this all done in time, but im gonna keep posting progress anyway. either way ill have a cool bike, and i started late in the game anyway. the stripping is taking a bit because of the cold here. the stripper i have seems to work best on warm days...ill keep on it though!

heres the frame with bubbly paint!
1IMAG0002.jpg

heres me disgruntled at the wheel bearings
IMAG0006.jpg

heres the bars with primer
IMAG0018.jpg

some updates. i doubt ill make the deadline, but im trying.

here's the bike kinda thrown together mocked up before paint.
IMAG0062.jpg

here's a piece of metal where the license plate will go (thanks for the ideas guys)
IMAG0065.jpg

here's the grey primer, and ultra flat black/green i found.
IMAG0071.jpg

bars are done for now (black), fork is primed. im working on the frame in the morning.
IMAG0080.jpg

bass, Paint, paint and more paint. You are not too far away from finishing. Good use of the chainguard bracket for a mount.

Back