RRBBO-8 Preview

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Renaissance Man said:
Thanks to ePay and UPS the Yamaha YZ-24 just got a little closer on the parts roster! :D

My tires are on their way now.

These ones
JBI-59672-2.jpg

aIMG_8042.jpg

MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

I found out since I will have to modify my frame ever so slightly I will have to be in the Anything goes category, I will just build it the same way I was going to and have fun with it but without a welder, torch, or really any tools I won't be much competition.

You may still qualify for TRADITIONAL if your not welding your frame---hand bending--as in putting your foot on it and spreeding the rear for wide tires is allowed.

outskirtscustoms said:
I found out since I will have to modify my frame ever so slightly I will have to be in the Anything goes category, I will just build it the same way I was going to and have fun with it but without a welder, torch, or really any tools I won't be much competition.

I might have to alter mine also. I won't know until I actually start trying to put some things together. My concern is that the pedals will be too close to the front tire since the frame was designed for 20" wheels and not the 24's that I have planned for it. I really don't want to be in the anything goes group either, but it's nice to have another option for staying in the build-off.

You might go with a modified fork to move the front wheel out a bit.A non springer "plate" fork would move the wheel out--longer fork legs would also.

Yea, that's probably the best idea. I really don't want to start changing the frame. That's sort of the point of building the Moto-Bike, taking a factory frame and changing the suspension to create an adult version of the same bike.

I'll know more in about a week from now! :D

outskirtscustoms said:

As I have stated on another thread, my build would have been allowed within the old rules, but with welding involved, it'll be in the anything goes category.

I'm fine with this. I'll be building the bike as I want it, so I have no desire to adjust my vision to conform to the "traditional" rules. I'm excited about this build, so let the welding begin!

IMG_2172.jpg

DAYS LEFT BEFORE THE FUN BEGINS!!!!!

Latest posts

Back