RRB Build Off 11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my build name will simply be SpinalTap

989b8c586f82a48bcc1f7307f4516cfa.jpg

I've already referred to it as BOLEVEN,so that's probably what I'll keep calling it.
Maybe I'm lazy, or maybe the keys on my phone are small. Either way it seems easier to type,kinda like B.O.X. instead of RRB BUILD OFF TEN.
This is a lot of typing to explain that.

We all know what site we are on, so we can drop the RRB. I vote for just Build Off 11 or BO11 / BO 11 for short.

Here's my thoughts....I know there are some who will take the opportunity to find fault in my "opposing view"; but forget about what to call the next competition and just build, work on, or ride a cool bike for the heck of it, then share the experience here as it happens.
Take a look at the supposed viewership which has been stated by Steve at 70,000 people per month, then take a look at how many participants and voters took part in the build off. Now considering those numbers, over 69,000 people visit this form that DO NOT care about the build off, yet it seems to be a huge part of the discussion on a day to day basis--even when the build off is over and the next one is 9 months away. I propose that those 69,000+ people click on this site looking for something they aren't finding based on a forum name, then move on about their business when they don't find it here. Lets give them something to see without a bunch of talk about the next build off and see if just maybe 70,000 people may become 80,000 people and the build off participant numbers don't start rising again instead of declining as it has over the last several years.
Now I'm sure those that truly thrive on the BOnines, BOtens, BOlevens, etc. think I'm just being a jerk here, but I think I may be speaking for a large number of people that just want to see cool custom bike related stuff on a regular basis without having to encompass it in a three ring circus venue with a cute name.

Think of it like NASCAR. There are hundreds of thousands of viewers, just as many dreamers, thousands in pit crews and support people and compared to all of that just a hand full of drivers. It seems on race day the press would like to know what is on the drivers minds.

Many people will visit the site and poke around. Certainly lots are interested but think they lack the skills, the time, or the money. Some of us just want to share in the community aspect and contribute what we can. We are fortunate to be able to do so and have our ideas supported, respected, and sometimes lampooned with absolute brilliance.

LukeTheJoker suggested "Snake Eyes." As I have posted before; 'Where do I cast 3 votes for Luke?'

- by Gigmata

Here's my thoughts....I know there are some who will take the opportunity to find fault in my "opposing view"; but forget about what to call the next competition and just build, work on, or ride a cool bike for the heck of it, then share the experience here as it happens.
Take a look at the supposed viewership which has been stated by Steve at 70,000 people per month, then take a look at how many participants and voters took part in the build off. Now considering those numbers, over 69,000 people visit this form that DO NOT care about the build off, yet it seems to be a huge part of the discussion on a day to day basis--even when the build off is over and the next one is 9 months away. I propose that those 69,000+ people click on this site looking for something they aren't finding based on a forum name, then move on about their business when they don't find it here. Lets give them something to see without a bunch of talk about the next build off and see if just maybe 70,000 people may become 80,000 people and the build off participant numbers don't start rising again instead of declining as it has over the last several years.
Now I'm sure those that truly thrive on the BOnines, BOtens, BOlevens, etc. think I'm just being a jerk here, but I think I may be speaking for a large number of people that just want to see cool custom bike related stuff on a regular basis without having to encompass it in a three ring circus venue with a cute name.

Build offs push the envelope of creativity of the AMAZING pool of artistic talent on this forum. Lurkers want information, those 70k people come here for an education or a glimpse of what the next trend will be. Ratting is about customization, and build offs are a huge catalyst of that IMO.

Oh, and German? BELF?

That's a perfect example of something that was once great, and now has nothing to do with it's own roots.

I don't necessarily disagree with you here, but my point is simply why can't this forum push the envelope of creativity all the time? And why is the "Build Off" worthy of more discussion than actually discussing cool custom bikes?

Competition is always going to make people do that little extra in hopes of victory, and isn't build off discussion all about "cool custom bikes"?

There are things I KNOW I can do, things I TRY to do, and things I've seen I WISH I could do... my own personality which leans towards "class clown" mixed in, leaves me posting what sometimes fails at being humorous along with what ever the topic has driven me say. Often irreverent mixed in with a dash of seriousness. I like building and seeing rat bikes... but if I can't goof off while doing it I might as well be on some "other" stuffy website.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back