Round and Round by RATT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Time to go dirt trackin!

We will start with this, a $50 Big Lots, Huffy Rage Empire (SPIN wheel not stock and not being used)

P1010024.jpg

The wheels that will be used:

Lester 5 spoke

P1010032.jpg

BMX wheel cover on single speed coaster

IMAG0045.jpg

How about some mock exhaust:

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

3M Vetrap to be used as header wrap:

IMAG0042.jpg

Race bikes need number plates:

IMAG0036.jpg

Add some Tupperware, basted in Krylon Fusion Yellow:

P1010026.jpg

Crankset, 39T backed by purple Folgers lid:

P1010028.jpg

Forks are a little too long:

P1010030.jpg

Frame disassembled and (mostly) wet sanded:

P1010031.jpg

Pick through Saturdays garbage:

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

Time for some mock up:

IMAG0047.jpg

Waaaay too much work left to do and one week to do it. Good luck.

i had those disc covers on my huffy when i was 9-10, brings back memories, like the front wheel ring too man !!!!

Whoa! Bike looks cool. Gotta love the dirt track look, I grew up with some of Michigan's flattrack maniacs running thru my hood, so I'm a pushover for sliders.

Gotta tell ya though, when I saw the lampshade, I thought for sure Ryan would be sporting a new race helmet! All the cool kids are wearing the '07 dot approved/u.l tested Lamplighter 3000! :mrgreen:

Nice looking little critter. Can't wait tp see the end result!
Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I have to admit, that if I did not have the copper left over from building the house (when the stuff was cheap) it would probably not have made it onto the bike.

I would estimate the exhaust would cost about $35 at current prices, I only paid $50 for the bike originally. A 10' length of 1 1/4" is going for around $40 right now.

But then last night, as my buddy and I are in the copper isle at the Home Cheapo, he says he has some scrap 2" laying around! I think that could be made to look like a set of Hard Krome Sideburners with that girth. Might have to look into that.

Packrats will always make the best Ratrodders! "Hey, don't throw that out!"

Well, back to work.

so when ya hittin the salt flats with that bad boy!!! :p seriously killer ride!

That bike is tough. Part rat, part stock car. Nice job with the details-pipe, number plates, Paint on chainguard etc.......

Dang Scott, We might have to throw some 12 1/2s on it and start a modified Pixie flattrack Divivsion! I'd love to see you going into the turn and kicking it sideways! :mrgreen:
Very cool and nicely done!
Chainy

Latest posts

Back