ROSS Super Deluxe, 1959

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I went to pickup a Schwinn I bought for parts and the guy had this Ross Super Deluxe bike sitting in the yard he said he just picked it up. After trading some green stamps for it I put it on the rack with the Schwinn and drove it home. I took it off of the car and noticed that there was still a good amount of air in the tire so I rode it down the street. Shifts great, no weird noises rims are straight and true. Wow!
I took the screw out of the horn to see it's condition, it looked as if it had never had a battery in it! I put one in and IT WORKS! The metal straps in picture #7 are trouser straps! I'll clean this one up and cruise it for a while!
I'm guessing maybe 1960? Serial # 5990202, anyone know? UPDATE: I've been told by a friend on Facebook it's a 1959. Reconfirmed by date stamp on SA hub is 59.:thumbsup:
DSCN1298.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

DSCN1303.jpg

DSCN1304.jpg

DSCN1305.jpg

DSCN1306.jpg

DSCN1307.jpg
DSCN1308.jpg

DSCN1309.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool score.
I think I might have a light that matches that horn.

I remember that I traded it to @Rockit! now, but it was a match for that horn.

lightratrodsthursday012_zps98ba5b00.jpg

This guy has a lot of bikes and parts for sale. If I had not already bought the Schwinn from him on EBay I probably would have picked up this AMF Flying Falcon bike from him too. Keep an eye on his store it may show up there!
DSCN1297.jpg

http://stores.ebay.com/danssuperdeals/

I did a lot of cleaning today. With the help of 0000 steel wool with WD-40, NO.7 clear coat polish and Autosol chrome polish I was able to get 90% of the bike cleaned. The tires are dry rotted but still hold air. The front rim is too rusted to clean up. I'm on the hunt for a new rim... anyone got a spare?
DSCN1313.jpg

DSCN1314.jpg

DSCN1315.jpg

DSCN1318.jpg

DSCN1319.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1326.jpg

Last edited:
It looks great!

Since it's all original, I'd keep the front wheel and get it rechromed or find an exact replacement. If those are the original tires, (the bike shows very little wear so they might be) I'd take them off for safe keeping and use a new set for riding around. Then if you decided to sell, you'd have all of it.

Another Futura Super Deluxe "Sky Ray". Single speed with original parts minus the seat. Gave it a repaint because it had a bad paint job along the way. I
really like the way your Ross is cleaning up. The turquoise looks very nice.

Last edited:
I did a lot of cleaning today. With the help of 0000 steel wool with WD-40, NO.7 clear coat polish and Autosol chrome polish I was able to get 90% of the bike cleaned. The tires are dry rotted but still hold air. The front rim is too rusted to clean up. I'm on the hunt for a new rim... anyone got a spare?
DSCN1313.jpg

DSCN1314.jpg

DSCN1315.jpg

DSCN1318.jpg

DSCN1319.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1326.jpg

That bike was such an awesome find, love it!

Nice job cleaning it up! Those rims are pretty common from that era, you should be able to find one.
I've got a bid in on a pair on Evil Bay front and Komet hub rear. I couldn't locate just the front. Rear may come in handy for a future project... ya' never know.

Latest posts

Back