Rollchange 2.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my first build off bike from build off 13. Wasn't never really happy with the way it turned out felt like it was missing something.
20200820_171437.jpg

So I stripped the frame and decided to add a straight bar under the tank.
20200908_191912.jpg
need to get some wire so I can get it welded up and then figure which way I want to go mainly just reusing the parts that was on it.
Originally the plan was ratrod so probably going that route.

Got the middletube welded in and applied a coat of black primer,blue ,white,red primer,and black to match what was on the rest of the frame. Painted new lettering on one side of the tank did a little patina work.
IMG_2151.jpg

Still have to do the other side then decide on what rims.

Looking much better now IMHO. I want to learn how to do realistic patina paint because a) it looks kool and b) my painting skills aren't skills.

I am going to start a thread in the SHOW ME YOUR for former build off bikes soon to see what happened to them. I need to get mine out in the wild for a photo.

Got some work done on the fenders today after work and did a quick mock-up to see how it was looking. Not sure about the rims might just use the ones that was on it.
20200923_205622.jpg
rear hub is a bendix redband could anyone tell me about what year it is and anything else would be thankful.
20200923_210137.jpg
20200923_210352.jpg
both rims still have the original hub shiners.

Personally, I think the current wheels provide some authentic patina to the build.
I would rebuild the hubs, tune up/true them and go.

I really like the ‘salty old dog’ look of this bike.

Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I think the current wheels provide some authentic patina to the build.
I would rebuild the hubs, tune up/true them and go.

I really like the ‘salty old dog’ look of this bike.

Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I like the rims but think I'm going to change the tires the 2.125 don't look right on there think I have a set of 1.75 I'll try.

I have had success using a punch to add dimples under the clamp area.
Don't get carried away, sometimes it only takes a few to raise the dia. quite a bit.

Truing up the back wheel went better than I thought it would only broke about 10 spokes lol. Lucky I had some other spokes that fit. Finished getting the chain guard and chain on and added a few more parts. Took it out for a test ride and it rides great. Also changed out the seat with a messinger I recovered.
20201004_154335.jpg
20201004_160304.jpg

Latest posts

Back