Rodentia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highway pegs on the frame? making the pegs into grips? lol

And the winner is ....... Hey Ricky what size shirt, I got xxl or xl.

MAKING THE PEGS INTO GRIPS. :wink:

I originally took out the axle and cut it in half, but I decided to use two full axles (one for each side) ....
DSCF0137.jpg

It's starting to come together ....
DSCF0141.jpg

Boy that was a short contest! :shock: Thanks to all who played!

You guys had some cool ideas. Loved Hooch's Continental idea and Clothespinin's EZ Rider pipe!

I'll probably do another contest in a couple of days. The next should really make you guys think!

Found these little cups sticking out of the steering tube of an old donor, thought they'd look good on the ends.
rodentiaparts.jpg

The cups fit real snug
DSCF0142.jpg

I should have the grips finished and "trial mounted" tomorrow night, hopefully.
Thanks guys,
Chainsaw

I like thoes grips Chainy, great idea. My guess was going to be the first freestyle rat built for doing some bar hops, endos, and pogoing...Kelly

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WON! WHOLEY SMOKES! Lol i used my haro pegs for grips on my mini bike.... Yeah i'll take the 2x mr.Jim thanks for congradulating me hooch, sorry but im not that great at tests i failed my math test today got kicked out of civics.. wasnt a great day... Well all the eyecandy (girls) makes it bearable lol. Im gonna quit babbling now guys..
Ttyl i gotta go study math gotta stay on the Honor Roll!

nogoodnic42 said:
I like thoes grips Chainy, great idea. My guess was going to be the first freestyle rat built for doing some bar hops, endos, and pogoing...Kelly

It can still be freestyle, just a little more dangerous standing on the pegs at their new location.

Lookin good Chainsaw. The match tires will be sharp.

Hey uhh not sure where to post this... so here lol Im representing my club Jim..

DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0514.jpg

Cant wait to get the shirt.

Cool pic, Ricky.
Good one Oct.!

Thought I'd post a couple of pics on the handgrip situation.
I had to toss the axel and get some longer threaded rod which meant that I hand to drill out the pegs. I also decided to use the cup that usually goes on the inside of the pegs, on the outside. Found me some chrome acorn nuts to use.
2007_0322dontknow20023.jpg

So I threw a couple of regular nuts on the rod, with a spacer between the nuts, and crammed them into the handlebar part. Then I welded one of the nuts to the inside of the handlebar. I slid a washer down the shaft and welded that to the end of the bar. After a little grinding ....
2007_0322dontknow20024.jpg

I'll try to get the full handlebar pics on tonight!

I was originally gonna make this my seat of choice. It's off an old Health Rider.
2007_0217whatever20001.jpg

But it just didn't look right, even after butchering it beyond recognition. So I started crawling over stuff and weeding through boxes, where I found this ...
2007_0322dontknow20031.jpg

2007_0322dontknow20032.jpg

My butt thinks it's a good choice, so I'll go with it!

Here's a new contest!
I found this laying in the garbage awhile back. First two people to tell me what I'm gonna use it for ..... Will get 4 Freak Bike Militia stickers (two of Budz design and 2 of my design) and 2 F.Y.D.O. cruise stickers! :shock: That's a total of 6 stickers for each person!
Sorry Ricky, you gotta sit this one out. :(

Here We Go! ....
2007_0322dontknow20029.jpg

Latest posts

Back