Rockafella - 1953 Ruff Firestone Super Cruiser - Completed Ride Video +MajorAward+RollingStoneCover

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY B!! FOR SOMEONE WHO STARTED A MONTH LATE YOU'VE PUT TOGETHER A WICKED PIECE OF MACHINERY. I'M DIGGING THAT SEAT. YBJ2B! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks Brother, but right now it's all just very rough mockups held together with scotch tape and imagination! :)
I still haven't done any "real" work on this boy. Just trying to wrap my head around it and toss some stuff up to see if it sticks yet.

King,
I love that seat, but I'm on the fence for it on THIS bike......

While it's quirky and cool, it kinda distracts from the bike for me.

This build has a definite 'chopper' or 'bobber' vibe going on for me.

With forward pedal position, I see something low slung and wide. Something you would 'sit down' in....
I could see a nice weathered dark brown bike saddle or bolt a bicycle undercarriage to a motorcycle pan like:
d0d55032d27e258bd67fca4cf5452640.jpg

Just thinkin' and typin' out loud....... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank, I love the seat, but I'm not completely sold on it for Rockafella just yet either. I just saw it on a pile of stuff in the shop and decided to try it out. It looks good on there now, but I need to work through some other parts before I finalize the saddle choice. Thanks for the feedback brother.

Those huge tires and fenders look sick! Love this thing, you killin it Fish.

I really love these wheels and tires with the fenders too! I'll have to do some massaging of the fenders and struts to get the needed clearance. I just need to make sure I don't mess up the original paint in the process.

Perfect seat for that color scheme.

I actually wasn't planning on red being one of the colors, but it does play well with the wheels. I'm still not sold on the seat yet though.

I like the seat. Tweak the alignment of the chain guard. (I know it's a mock-up) but it's looking good. Is there any adjustment on the guard to be able to slide back a bit?

Carl.

These mockups are way to rough to really worry much about allignment just yet. Like I told Jake, they are just held together with scotch tape and imagination. :) . But the the guard will be centered on the chainring so it will be back a little.

I actually wasn't planning on red being one of the colors, but it does play well with the wheels. I'm still not sold on the seat yet though.
The seat matches not only the rims, but also the badge on the tank. This bike gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, the colors SCREAM 50's. Personally, I never thought you'd be able to pull it off with such a modern frame. This is a bike I'd love to own! It reminds me of a showing up at a car hop with a 57 T Bird, in 1961 (most of them already had "patina" in 1961).:smug:

These mockups are way to rough to really worry much about allignment just yet. Like I told Jake, they are just held together with scotch tape and imagination. :) . But the the guard will be centered on the chainring so it will be back a little.
I'm guessing you are keeping the bare metal. It's just too cool to paint it. You should start assembling it bro, it's coming together well. The fenders and guard are killer. Seat and bars won't change that, so bolt em' up man!

Carl.

The seat matches not only the rims, but also the badge on the tank. This bike gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, the colors SCREAM 50's. Personally, I never thought you'd be able to pull it off with such a modern frame. This is a bike I'd love to own! It reminds me of a showing up at a car hop with a 57 T Bird, in 1961 (most of them already had "patina" in 1961).:smug:

I love that it is giving you that vibe, because that describes the way I felt about it when I first tested the fenders and parts on it last year. Years back I joked around about building a rockabilly bike that I would call Rockerfeller. I changed the name up a little, but I'm hoping to still keep that 50s drive in vibe.

I could have sworn that I posted this tank mock up last night, but it's been deleted somehow. :bigboss:

Oh well, here it is again.

Played around with the Rockafella tank yesterday. It's a pretty narrow ladies tank and I want it to look a little more like a small motorcycle tank.

20170617_152635.jpg
20170617_152657.jpg

Here is a quick cardboard and tape of my first stab at the tank with a wider front section.

20170617_161149.jpg
20170617_161152.jpg
20170617_161201.jpg
20170617_161721.jpg
20170617_162009.jpg
20170617_162030.jpg
20170617_162037.jpg
20170617_162043.jpg
20170617_162046.jpg

That's strange. You did post that... I saw it.:forum::39:

Just read over it to make sure I didn't have any lewd comments or nude photos. :) You can see in one pic that I was wearing socks. :)

I could have sworn that I posted this tank mock up last night, but it's been deleted somehow. :bigboss:

Oh well, here it is again.

Played around with the Rockafella tank yesterday. It's a pretty narrow ladies tank and I want it to look a little more like a small motorcycle tank.

View attachment 53974 View attachment 53975

Here is a quick cardboard and tape of my first stab at the tank with a wider front section.

View attachment 53976 View attachment 53977 View attachment 53978 View attachment 53979 View attachment 53980 View attachment 53981 View attachment 53982 View attachment 53983 View attachment 53984
I saw it too.
Darn Russian hackers.... Blame it on Tyler and his hub.:21:

I had a great day. Here is my first ride on Nanner Puddin.

zridesnap2.png

Still no work done on Rockafella. I'm in the middle of buying a rental property. I did manage to get in a ride and Fountain Pic on Nanner Puddin yesterday though.

20170623_183222.jpg

And then today I got a call from a local salvage friend of mine and I now own this Raleigh Chopper. On the way home I had to stop, pull the bike out, and take advantage of this photo op.
1f642.png
:) He found this under a stack of trash.

20170624_172418.jpg

Still no work done on Rockafella. I'm in the middle of buying a rental property. I did manage to get in a ride and Fountain Pic on Nanner Puddin yesterday though.

View attachment 54431

And then today I got a call from a local salvage friend of mine and I now own this Raleigh Chopper. On the way home I had to stop, pull the bike out, and take advantage of this photo op.
1f642.png
:) He found this under a stack of trash.

View attachment 54430
Janet asked if you were buying the old senators gate, and if it'll be a vacation rental?

Latest posts

Back